X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 9/11 did Bush
    • Nov 2016

How to get necks using twixit clips

Hi guys,
    As opposed to tying balloons off I've made the switch to using twixit clips when I seal air in balloons.

However, when I use them for riding the balloon has popped without getting a neck.

Dumb question here, but how would I place the clips when riding balloons with the intention of getting a neck?
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: How to get necks using twixit clips

I swear I've had the same thing happen! I usually place the clip at the very end of the neck to make room for the air, but I've still had a couple pop when I started riding them. Recently someone mentioned they used the mouthpiece of balloons to seal their balloons (the ring at the very end). I've tried rubber bands in the past, but they were very difficult to make tight enough without breaking, but the balloon mouthpiece is thick and stretchy, making it easy to tighten. It works great and you don't get the sharp edges of the clips

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Re: How to get necks using twixit clips

Hmm, I've not had that issue. I've used the clip over the ring like lyckr describes, and you get a few millimeters more loose latex which helps with the neck some, but not a huge amount. I've also tried rubber bands, which work pretty well. If I'm going for a neck I usually just half-knot it now, it's quick and easy and allows it to stretch more.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎