X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • new2inflate
    • May 2016

Inflatables + Mobility Issues

Hi All,

I apologize to everyone in advance, but I'm borrowing my husband's account (with his knowledge, don't worry). He's in to balloons & inflatables, and while they don't exactly get my motor running, I support him. I'm here today because I'm hoping someone on here can help me/us out a bit:

I've got some mobility issues in my hip and occasionally my knee. Recently said issues have begun interfering with our love life. My husband has been trying to figure out ways to keep the spark going without causing pain and one of the ways he came up with was with one of his toys. He has a 15-foot long killer whale inflatable that we tried out one night. We didn't have great success (first time and all that), but the engineer in me thinks we may be on to something.

This is where you all come in, especially women who have or are familiar with mobility issues. Does anyone have any recommendations for either positions or inflatables given the circumstances? My husband likes really big ones (see also the above toy), but we're open for anything. At this point, nothing is off the table...

Thanks again for any help!
  • ChillinHaze
    • Sep 2016

Re: Inflatables + Mobility Issues

You said you didn't have great success, is that because of the pain or just because the inflatable didn't do anything for you?

I don't have mobility issues so can you explain a bit in detail how these affect you? May I ask what positions you tried with the whale?

The first thing is probably if you even liked the inflatable, did the material feel good on your skin?

Before I'll recommend any toys can you tell us the big inflatables that are already in your possession? To avoid naming things you already have.

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

One of the biggest problems with using either balloons or inflatables in that sense is they offer very little, or no real support beneath you.

The only practical posistion my partner and I have found is simply doggie style over the top of something- so your already on all fours providing your own support. There's obviously other positions but from experience they're not much fun if you both falling, having to grab hold, or catching hold of each other when you loose your balance! We're both in our early fourties now so those sorts of 'acrobatics' are becoming more of a hindrance than fun and my partner's already got issues with her back and knees making quite a few positions uncomfortable for her.

Comment

• lilolover82
        • Mar 2014

I agree with the prior statement we all need more details to help
        Washington State, United States

Comment

• new2inflate
          • May 2016

More details it is (wife again):

We tried doggy style and while that isn't uncomfortable, the whale (IW 5M) kept sliding, which made things difficult. We're thinking of trying to place yoga mats under it next time to see if it'll stop moving.

The "out" motion of my one hip joint / distance between the knees is a narrower range than it used to be, and the "squatting" motion does not let my butt get as low to the ground (or my knees as high into my chest, if tucking the legs "up" is your prefered visualization of that movement) as it used to go. Plus, my body won't let my heels touch my butt in Child's Pose for those of you familiar with yoga.

As for his collection, the only thing he kept after our move was the whale. Hope that sparks some ideas!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎