Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

What's your favourite holiday?

as the title says what is your favourite holiday and was wondering if anybody on this forum is Christmas crazy like me it's my favourite time of year. Do you use balloons for decorating on your favourite holiday or for any traditions?
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Re: What's your favourite holiday?

Yeah, Christmas is so balloon time, blow them up, hang them up, plus a few kicking around for replacements just in case any of the decs pop, that's my excuse anyway. Then we move into New Year Eve and more time to blow up extra balloons for partying, though my experience is balloons and candles don't really like each other especially when we're bopping them around.
    Halloween and Birthdays is another story.

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Christmas for me as well! I have a giant doll with a santa print on it haha. Me and the mrs got in the holiday spirit with it last year, hopefully it's still good for another go-around �� We also decorate the tree with some balloons a bit, I usually have them around the place to kick around to be festive

Comment

• scuba
        • Jan 2017

Summer holiday for me.
        It's becauce the most playing i do with balloons involves floating on them or with them. It's nicest when i don't have to wear drysuit so i can feel the balloon directly on my nacked body

Comment

• Dude1234
          • Sep 2017

Thanks for replying everyone. scuba i would love to float on balloons it must feel amazing. Nopops4me I really wish my family would decorate like that although I probably would not last one day without trying to take them for my self lol. Loonatic my family has something similar to that it's a inflatable olaf decoration it's really big. Decorating the tree with balloons sounds like a great idea

Comment

• SusieDK
            • Dec 2017

Hi there,

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas as well. However it is not so much Christmas itself, but the fact that New Years is part of Christmas holiday. In Denmark New Years is about the only time of year when balloons is tradition for everyone, and I so enjoy to be able to be openly ‘extra fond of balloons’. I can arrange some party games with balloons for New Years Eve without anybody wondering, - I can even show off a little and blow up a couple of balloons too big. It is so much fun to watch peoples reactions

Besides I so love to sort of make for all the plain balloon fun I missed out on during my childhood and youth, because I was so scared of balloons back then. New Years is the one time of Year I can blow up balloons and have fun with them without anybody ‘raising an eyebrow’. Well, maybe some will raise their hands to put their fingers in the ears *giggles*.

Just writing about make me look forward to next NYE

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
            Susie

Comment

• Dude1234
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by SusieDK
              Hi there,

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas as well. However it is not so much Christmas itself, but the fact that New Years is part of Christmas holiday. In Denmark New Years is about the only time of year when balloons is tradition for everyone, and I so enjoy to be able to be openly ‘extra fond of balloons’. I can arrange some party games with balloons for New Years Eve without anybody wondering, - I can even show off a little and blow up a couple of balloons too big. It is so much fun to watch peoples reactions

Besides I so love to sort of make for all the plain balloon fun I missed out on during my childhood and youth, because I was so scared of balloons back then. New Years is the one time of Year I can blow up balloons and have fun with them without anybody ‘raising an eyebrow’. Well, maybe some will raise their hands to put their fingers in the ears *giggles*.

Just writing about make me look forward to next NYE

Sincerely
              Susie
              Are balloons about at birthday party's in demark? I would love to go to New Year's Eve balloon drop thanks for replying

Comment

• SusieDK
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dude1234
                Are balloons about at birthday party's in demark? I would love to go to New Year's Eve balloon drop thanks for replying
                Not really - apart from kids birthdays. There is one exception though, and that is when somebody turne 50 Years old. For some reason the 50 Years BD is called something like ‘The Balloon Ascent’ (the Danish word is “ballonopstigningen”), and this of course calls for balloons - usually as decoration, but sometimes the ‘birthday child’ Is given a couple of helium balloons. Helium is extremely expensive in Denmark btw - I have only had 3 helium balloons in my entire life, and one of the was a mylar ‘balloon’ (that I don’t really consider being ‘real’ balloons).
                Balloon drops are not common either. I have only experienced balloon drops in the youth where I work, but there they are not so rare. What I like the most is to prepare them, as this means blowing up a lot of balloons together with others. Sometimes I ’accidentially’ blow up a balloon too much, and it is cool to watch people jump, and also that it makes everbody laugh (some a little nervously - hehe)

I wish balloons were more common in everyday life though.

Sincerely
                Susie
                Last edited by SusieDK; 11-09-2018, 03:49. Reason: Correcting error.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎