Old 15-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Balloon fun

balloons is on a distinguished road
Default Most peices after the bang
Once it BTP a Q 24 in my living room, its got well over 30 inches. After the amazing BOOM is shredded in tiny fibers, some almost too small to see. I'm still finding shreds now and then lol Please share you story
Old 16-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Bubblyzzz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Most peices after the bang
I like seeing pieces after a big btp! Even pics of pieces as some friends have sent.
Old 18-07-2017, 03:25 AM

lionlooner is on a distinguished road
Got a new pump recently and was dying to test it out. Whole family left for a bit a few weeks ago, so the first thing I did was bust out the pump and shove it in my pants with a big clear balloon.

Ended in balloon snow, was pretty great haha. Been wondering if adding hi-float would make it look better when shredding. :P
Old 18-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Far too many to count. When I was decorating for Christmas, I was a little "over enthusiastic" inflating a balloon and it exploded in to thousands of tiny fragments. To this day, I still keep finding green dots (some the size of a pin head) around my lounge which turn out to be pieces of the balloon.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:05 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
I bought a few 1 metre rounds from a balloon shop in Chur (Switzerland) once after I spied the shop near to our hotel. Not 100 % sure on their brand or maker- but I know they were Italian and made specially for the particular shop. Anyway they all popped short of there stated size and often literally 'shattered'. Forget a few pieces of shreaded latex- these things turned into thousands of rice grain sized shards we were finding for months after!
Old 12-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Nopops4me is on a distinguished road
Is it true that if you end up with thousands of 'grain' size pieces of balloon then you've had the latex stretched greater than the rated size (ie B2P) and if the balloon just tares into a few, possibly jagged pieces then there was a fault/weak spot in the under inflated balloon. Still trying to learn from the experienced looners amongst you. Thanks for any help you give.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:38 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nopops4me View Post
Is it true that if you end up with thousands of 'grain' size pieces of balloon then you've had the latex stretched greater than the rated size (ie B2P) and if the balloon just tares into a few, possibly jagged pieces then there was a fault/weak spot in the under inflated balloon. Still trying to learn from the experienced looners amongst you. Thanks for any help you give.
Usually yes. The more stretched out it gets, the smaller pieces you get when it pops. I don't have much experience with them, but I've heard that metallic balloons can burst into even tinier pieces than other balloons.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:57 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Well one popped on it’s own accord....in the middle of the night, another shattered on an electric inflator.... I wasn’t watching when it literally exploded.... Jezz it went with one hell of a bang though. The women next door was e en shouting over the garden fence to see I was alright!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Barcelona33 is on a distinguished road
That this is a problem for me, I have to clean up quickly when this happens, since I do not want to be discovered by my parents. I have detected that this usually happens when they are very used, and the latex is already weak, when it can not stand the full inflation, that is to say until the neck is formed, they usually explode prematurely during inflation and are broken in this way, in many little pieces
Old 13-12-2017, 03:50 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nopops4me View Post
Not really. Generally the more overinflated it was the more pieces it breaks into, but there's differences in brand and quality that affect it as well, so it's not a very reliable metric.