Old 28-12-2017, 03:12 PM

Popemall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Party City 24"???
If you're a non popper be careful of the necks on these when inflating. I was purposely trying to B2P the ones I had so I took them all over the limit and I noticed a majority shredded at the neck when even slightly overinlated. Just a heads up if you're phobic bc they were pretty loud - the clear seemed to accidentally pop the easiest btw
Old 16-03-2018, 02:17 AM

frankfrank is on a distinguished road
These 24 inchers are my "go-to" balloon, because they're as easy to get as just stopping and walking into a store. I go by one of their stores routinely, so I don't even have to go out of my way.
Old 19-03-2018, 04:41 AM

onemoreblow is on a distinguished road
These are great balloons. I like to bake all my balloons and these get enormous. The necks are surprisingly tiny, like I wonder how they are able to get them off the forms at the factory without tearing.
Old 18-05-2018, 06:47 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a good picture showing what they look like when inflated? Aside from the images on the party city website, which seem to be renders rather than photos, I haven't seen any yet. If they look nice I might swing by my local party city some time.
Old 18-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Location: WEBSITE FOR WOMEN - BECAUSE NO MATTER WHERE I GO, IT SEEMS LIKE I AM TREATED LIKE A SHOOTING TARGET
Bounci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by onemoreblow View Post
These are great balloons. I like to bake all my balloons and these get enormous. The necks are surprisingly tiny, like I wonder how they are able to get them off the forms at the factory without tearing.
I wish I knew more about baking them... I hear such good things, but I'm afraid of ruining the balloons.
Old 19-05-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
I wish I knew more about baking them... I hear such good things, but I'm afraid of ruining the balloons.
It's pretty easy and effective. Take a new balloon, and put it in the oven at 290F for 5-15 minutes (start with shorter times until you get the hang of it, different brands take different times for best results) and then just blow it up as normal once you take it out.

There's also the clothes dryer method, which works better for used balloons - put them in a ziploc bag and toss them in a clothes dryer on high for 15-30 minutes.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Location: WEBSITE FOR WOMEN - BECAUSE NO MATTER WHERE I GO, IT SEEMS LIKE I AM TREATED LIKE A SHOOTING TARGET
Bounci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
It's pretty easy and effective. Take a new balloon, and put it in the oven at 290F for 5-15 minutes (start with shorter times until you get the hang of it, different brands take different times for best results) and then just blow it up as normal once you take it out.

There's also the clothes dryer method, which works better for used balloons - put them in a ziploc bag and toss them in a clothes dryer on high for 15-30 minutes.
Thank you, that's really helpful!
Old 19-05-2018, 10:10 PM

onemoreblow is on a distinguished road
I bake 100% of them I did ruin a lot of balloons at first trying to get greedy with making them too big, and my oven didn't have accurate temperature control. But there are ways around everything.
Old 19-05-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
Thank you, that's really helpful!
Let me know if you need any more help
Old 21-05-2018, 07:11 PM

Bubble Boy :-P is on a distinguished road

Everyone has been talking about these Party City 24s which got me curious enough to stop at my local shop so i decided to take a ride out there. I was a bundle of nerves just from the sheer excitement! I go in & my head was whirling! I grabbed a basket & went to the balloon drawers & started going through all the stuff. I've purchased mylar balloons from Party City before but this was my first time trying their latex stuff. I had no clue what i was grabbing; I only made sure I was collecting even numbers for whatever reason
I cruised the aisles, grabbed a helium tank & proceeded to admire the balloon displays with the other customers who all happened to be women
Nothing abnormal here, just out shopping for balloons & stuff!
I went to the check out which was empty & the cute girl cashier came to ring me up. I dumped my mountain of stuff in front of her & she went through the contents. By now a line was forming as i helped her scan the helium tank. She then methodically went through all my things, counting each individual balloon while referring to her balloon guide on the register. My. Heart. Was. POUNDING! Not out of embarrassment or self consciousness but because I found the situation so HOT! I thought my insides were gonna blow!As she rang up my bubbles I could see the look & smile on her face as if to say, " Helium, bubbles & balloons? What does this guy have planned!" Im sure the other customers waiting on line were thinking the same,lol!
We bid each other good day with a couple of cheesy smiles & I left...all & all a wonderful experience. I can't wait to try all this stuff out!

Cheese!