Help me lose my fear of doing a B2P!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srob2
    • Dec 2017

Re: Help me lose my fear of doing a B2P!

I haven't done a b2p in a while, so now I am scared again. But once I do 1, I can go through a whole bag of Uniques and get bored before I get scared. Then I'll b2p something like a tuftex without ear protection and get scared again.

Easiest for me with a smaller balloon, 9" or even smaller. They might not pop, but what is important is the intent. If you blow as hard as you can into a balloon that can't fit anymore air, you are over your fear even if it doesn't pop. Then if you deflate it and try again it won't be as strong. You won't have time to change your mind. And small balloons are less unpredictable - maybe 6 big breaths at most.

Comment

• marja

I read a lot of great advice in this topic!

My personal advice for a first time blow to pop is that you must feel strong.
      There are several ways to feel strong, but my advice would be to stand up, when doing a blow to pop. Place your feet a little apart, so you stand very stable. Feel the connection with the ground. Now inflate the balloon until it pops following all other advices giving in this topic.

Personally standing right up is the easiest way to blow to pop a balloon. Up to 16" this pretty doable for me. I guess I could do even bigger balloons this way, but it is exhausting, so I never tried.
      When I sit down on a chair, with my feet solid on the ground, it is already much more difficult and I sometimes give up.
      When I lay down in bed, I can only blow to pop balloons when I lay down on my belly and usually only smaller balloons (12-14 inch).
      I have never achieved a blow to pop when laying on my back.

So the position I am while doing a blow to pop really matters for me!

Comment

• srob2
        • Dec 2017

For me its the opposite. I have done b2p's standing up, but it is much easier laying flat on my back or sitting against a wall. As the balloon get bigger, I feel like the explosion will be so strong it knocks me head over heels. Of course this is silly, but it feels like this will happen and it gets scarier right up until the boom. Laying flat on my back, I know the balloon can't hurt me.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Standing up is easier for me too. When I get nervous I need to move around a little. Staying still and blowing is difficult.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• b loony
            • Oct 2018

Record yourself so you can see how big it got afterwards to give you an idea when you would have stopped if could see, and then how much more it took.

Comment

• srob2
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by onemoreblow
              Does anyone else have a fear of someone hearing the pop? If I could be truly alone and no chance of someone hearing it, would make it easier for me to pop them in general or attempt a b2p. For me it's the worry of being caught.
              What are you worried about? If someone hears, they probably won't even say anything. If they do, just tell them you popped a balloon - people pop balloons all the time.

Comment

• Looner Araki
                • Aug 2019

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                Does anyone else have a fear of someone hearing the pop? If I could be truly alone and no chance of someone hearing it, would make it easier for me to pop them in general or attempt a b2p. For me it's the worry of being caught.
                That's true. I'm not comfortable with the feeling that neighbors or other people know me playing with balloons, although as srob2 said it may be quite common.

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
                  • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Loon3r
                  I am also afraid of blow to pops because of how close they are to my face, does anyone know where I can get good one way valves for it in the US? Or an easy way to make them?
                  I just made one from fizzy tablets (vitamins, supplements, etc) and bike tube patch. One tablet tube, two tube caps, one bike tube patch, scissors, boxcutter. One moment and you're done. Unfortunately, it didn't help (so far) with B2P fear. I would succeed once after a few beers, if only balloon didn't fly off the valve on the last breath...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• srob2
                    • Dec 2017

If you want a balloon to pop without holding it, just put a piece of tape so it won't fly off. This works with pumps too. It can be exciting to make things less predictable because sometimes it pops without the tape and sometimes it just flies off. But sometimes I really want it to pop and am just so disappointed it doesn't.

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
                      • Feb 2016

That’s not a problem anymore - I put single lipring twisted once, all I have to do is slide the ring onto the neck. Unfortunately I still didn’t succeed to test it properly. ��

Comment

• izzyrob
                        • Oct 2018

I’m also on my quest to do my first B2P. I bought a bag of Unique 12s and have slowly started going bigger and then popping with a pin to get some idea of the sound, but I know the actual B2P will be louder. Earplugs definitely make it less terrifying but hoping I can go all the way soon.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎