Anyone else into bin liners, garbage bags?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfrank
    Empathetic Harmonizer
    • Feb 2018

Re: Anyone else into bin liners, garbage bags?

I've never found a rubbish-bin bag that would take my whole "bouncing/riding" weight, though, so I've only had a minor interest in them.

Wildheart, I found your videos - watching them is a hoot!!!
    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• poppinbags
      • Nov 2017

frankfrank,
      You could try to put two bags (of same size) inside each other. You would be surprized how much stronger this is, while still feeling soft! This is currently my favorite way of humping/popping bags.

Comment

• Danniballoon
        • Mar 2018

I love them too. In the UK the 240 litre ones are called wheely bin liners. I got some of the nice shiny ones a few years back, but ever since the ones I have bought are so thin they split really easily. That was up until recently.. I got some from an online supermarket called Ocado. They are more of a matt finish, but they are strong enough to ride fully inflated. The seams are strong too. The last one I boinked developed a small puncture, but the seams held out.

I also like garment covers. The 80 inch ones are awesome, but you need the 100 gauge ones. Anything less and they just pop as soon as you try to ride them.

Comment

• vuur2
          • Dec 2017

I still have to find a good way to seal garbage bags!

Closing them with a shoelace or something doesn't work, because the showlace sort of "rolls off" the bag because of the air pressure inside.
          When I have tied a knot and I sit on one, the knot also "rolls" to the end and unties and WHOOSH I'm on the floor again.
          Also, when making a knot, the bag will be half empty because of the amount I need to tie the knot.

Does someone know of a good way to tie a garbage bag air tight?

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

You can use thin string, double knot it and use more than one piece. I also tie them to one way valves. Perfect for blow to pops.
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• poppinbags
              • Nov 2017

It is possible to knot bags while still "under pressure". But it is hard to explain how to do this. Especially since my prime language is not English.

Comment

• vuur2
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by wildheart
                You can use thin string, double knot it and use more than one piece. I also tie them to one way valves. Perfect for blow to pops.
                When trying a shoelace or rope or string or something similar, they "roll off" when the pressure inside the bag increases.
                Also when using multiple strings or ropes and always double knotting.
                At least when I do it.
                So I'm not able to seal them properly like this.
                Is this just me?
                Am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by poppinbags
                It is possible to knot bags while still "under pressure". But it is hard to explain how to do this. Especially since my prime language is not English.
                Mine neither, haha
                Maybe you could make a video showing how, if you'd want to?
                I don't know...

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

https://youtu.be/Ly7qtampUCQ I made that video ages ago after someone else wanted to know how to do it.

Comment

• Bounci
                    • Apr 2018

I actually never played much with garbage bags, but this week I opened up a new pack that immediately made me think of this thread. The bags turned out to be very black, and glossy. Also very smooth - it really reminded me of how wet latex looks. I wouldn't know if they're very strong as I didn't play with it, but they're by some brand called Dumil. Who knows, maybe I should try to B2P one.

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bounci
                      I actually never played much with garbage bags, but this week I opened up a new pack that immediately made me think of this thread. The bags turned out to be very black, and glossy. Also very smooth - it really reminded me of how wet latex looks. I wouldn't know if they're very strong as I didn't play with it, but they're by some brand called Dumil. Who knows, maybe I should try to B2P one.

You should give it a go. When they're really tight, they almost feel like balloons too. If you're lucky it'll stretch loads as well.

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

Got a few tips for anyone who wants to try a bag b2p. For the best experience you want something like this bag.

They stretch and have a good pop to them but are hard to find. They're usually used as packaging. They get tight and feel really smooth. The thicker ones can get really hard.

The other type of bag is this one.

They aren't quite as good but are easy to get. They're just standard garbage bags, but some are better than others. They are quite soft until they're about to burst. When they do pop it's usually just a small hole and not very loud. Perfect for people who've never done any sort of blow to pop before.

There is a lot of other types but I've found those two are the best/most common. Of course they aren't going to be the same as a balloon but they're a good change.

Comment

• frankfrank
                          Empathetic Harmonizer
                          • Feb 2018

That still doesn't appear to even begin to come close to the trash bags that one is supposed to be able to ride, without popping. I've seen that mentioned over the years, but I've never seen anything that could take more than a fraction of my weight. Bag-inside-bag doesn't come close, either, and no air can be allowed to migrate between the two bags.
                          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

I've found they're best for blow to pops. Inflatables are better suited for riding.

Comment

• simon-1979
                              • Nov 2018

yes i buy them all the time i like the buying shiny black bin bags thick ones love the smell of them and i put them over my head and and get naked and rap them my body like when i am out in the field in the countryside if i get change to get naked with them at night the best for me i like to wear linger on top of them if i got them rap round me

Comment

• Loon119
                                • Jun 2018

Absolutely love garbage bags. Used to use these all the time when I couldn't get balloons. Also if you order fragile items some companies use like an inflatable plastic bag thing to pack out the box. Love these as well as they are perforated so can use one or use a load to wrap around. Wife popped one yesterday had a boner for about an hour

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎