X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasimpleusername
    Semi-popper
    • Jul 2018

Popping Fear

How did you overcame your fear of popping loons? I'm a phobic non-popper, I want to became a semi popper.
  • SusieDK
    • Dec 2017

Re: Popping Fear

Hi there,

It is hard to exactly pinpoint what helped me overcome my fear, because I think a lot of things worked together. However the things ‘coming from the outside’ - like for instance various experiences with being teased - mainly served to make me motivated to try to ‘learn’ dealing with balloons instead of avoiding them.

When having first become motivated I am pretty sure that what helped me by far the most was simply practising. I was very scared - even the mere word ‘balloon’ scared the heck out of me - but in some odd way I was also fascinated, and besides I so envied all those other kids, who seemed to just find balloons great fun - even popping them. I hoped to get just as brave, and it seemed to me that if could manage to blow up balloons until they popped, - this was the scariest I could at all imagine - then my fear would be gone forever.
    I practised blowing up balloons in total secrecy, because I was scared what my brothers might do if they saw me blowing up a balloon (they knew how scared I was), and also because I was ashamed of my fear.
    To begin with I only managed to just start the balloon and immidiately let the air out, but as time went by I slowly got braver. After a while (long time) I could use a little trick, which was to not let the air out the moment I became too scared to blow anymore. Instead I would hold the balloon and ‘admire’ it. This made me calm down, and sometimes I managed to blow a little more.
    Of course there are much details to it, but the essence was practise, practise and more practise. I will mention one important mental thing though. Instead of feeling it as a setback in case a balloon popped on me, I (kind of) decided that this was exactly what I wanted to be able to do, and I (slowly) started to look upon it as a succes, even though it scared my and made me jump.

Today I am not fearless, but I am able to blow to pop whatever balloon it shall be, and even find it just the greatest fun.

I hope you can use some of what Helped me - practising, practising, practising ...

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
    Susie

PS. I am pretty sure there is much more about the issue around the forum, also about how to overcome the fear of blow to pop.
    Last edited by SusieDK; 04-11-2018, 10:43.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

Practise is definitely an important part of it. I was also really scared of balloons popping when I was a kid. Once I hit puberty and discovered the fetish I started finding videos of women popping balloons online and I sort of envied them for having so much fun popping them.

Slowly I began practising popping my own balloons when I was able. I bought some cheap earplugs and used small, underinflated balloons to start with, popping them with a needle. As the bang wasn't that bad when I had some kind of ear protection, I inflated my balloons bigger and started experimenting with popping them using different methods, like foot, sit and nail popping.

I also found that watching videos of someone else popping balloons made it a little easier for me to do it. If they could do it and having fun while doing so, surely so could I, right? I guess this might not work for everyone, but it did for me.

Nearly 15 years later I'm mostly able to pop balloons at any time, assuming I'm wearing ear protection. Any loud noises, including balloons popping, still scares me a lot though, but at least I'm able to enjoy popping them when I'm in control and have to option to block most of the noise

Comment

• justasimpleusername
        Semi-popper
        • Jul 2018

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Mailman Looner
          • Jan 2017

You could either use ear plugs or get a 12" and blow it up a couple times about half-2/3's of the way. Keep releasing the air each time. On the 3rd time, blow it up half way and pop it with a sharp object. This does two things: 1.) You control when you pop the balloon and 2.) by releasing the air out of it, the balloon expands and when it pops it won't be as loud when blown up all the way. This is what I did when I first started popping to get over my fear.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• undecidedguy
            • Nov 2018

So here's how I got over my fear, and I think it would work well for others:

Get at least 10 of whatever balloon you intend to lose your fear of and blow it up as big as you can before you're afraid it might pop from over inflation.

Get plenty of blankets and go to your bed, put the balloon on the bed, and cover it with blankets, then pop the balloon with something sharp. As mentioned before, you're in control of the pop, however, it will be both louder, and quieter.... hear me out~

Since the balloon is basically as full as it gets, it will pop at its loudest, however the blankets muffle the pop a lot and actually make it rather quiet.

To get over your fear, keep doing this and remove blankets until you're eventually just popping the fully exposed balloon.

After that, then you can start adding more air to them until eventually you succeed in a B2P.

Hopefully this helps~

Comment

• Casey88
              lukmanrewa
              • Jun 2012

blow a balloon until its rated size. Keep it inflated AND exposed to normal room temperature for over a month. This will oxidize the balloon and eventually it will be softer. If it deflates by then, re-inflate it again. The pop will not be as loud as a fresh new balloon as the latex has been stretched and softened.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Casey88
                blow a balloon until its rated size. Keep it inflated AND exposed to normal room temperature for over a month. This will oxidize the balloon and eventually it will be softer. If it deflates by then, re-inflate it again. The pop will not be as loud as a fresh new balloon as the latex has been stretched and softened.
                Alternatively, you can heat-stretch a balloon with the oven or clothes dryer to get a similar effect without waiting a month :P

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎