X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Real b2p?

This morning a finally managed to do a b2p for the first time in months. Or did I? I picked up a U16 and while it definitely was overinflated when it popped, it didn't really neck at all and popped into only three pieces. Would you consider this a "real" blow to pop, or would you say it popped prematurely?
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Real b2p?

I'd say it popped prematurely but technically you did blow it until it popped. Question is can you do it again?
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Regular Guy
      • Aug 2015

Very good question, lyckr.

First of all, as wild heart wrote, technically it was a b2p.
      b2p means "blow to pop" or "blowing until the balloon pops".
      That is what you did.

Personally, I "developed" three categories for balloons that pop while blowing.

1. Prematurely pop (not b2p)
      When the balloon pops before it is overinflated, usually because of weak spots or something.

2. Semi-b2p
      When the balloon is at its absolute maximum but pops while not blowing into it, e.g. in between two breaths.

3. "real" b2p or just B2P
      When the balloon is at its maximum and pops while blowing.

I think yours was category 1, I personally wouldn't call it B2P, but technically it was.

Comment

• SRob
        • Aug 2015

u16's are unpredictable. I'd count it as a real b2p because if you did that for a dozen, at least a few would go that way.

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SRob
          u16's are unpredictable. I'd count it as a real b2p because if you did that for a dozen, at least a few would go that way.
          My experience with them is that some colors are more prone to pop without necking than others. This one was black, but I've tried with several other colors in the last month and most of them necked on their own without popping (before I chickened out).

Comment

Working...