Big balloons tighter than small balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Big balloons tighter than small balloons?

About a month ago I decided to inflate a fresh balloon bigger than 17" for the first time in probably two years. I've blown up lots of 16" and smaller in those years and most of them don't get rock hard until they're overinflated. However, I decided to try out a new 36" QTex I had lying around and by the time it reached about 30", it felt really tight. Same thing with a 36" Sempertex and 32" Cattex, even the 24" QTex I got my hands on a week ago. All of them feel so tight I barely dare blowing them up anymore, even though they're 3-4" under rated size. Is this a common thing with the bigger sized balloons, so I shouldn't worry about it and keep blowing? I'm guessing I might have become too used to the properties of 16" Uniques, but you never know
  • Micks101
    • Jan 2017

Re: Big balloons tighter than small balloons?

Haven't really noticed it to be honest. I find the bigger balloons to get tight once at their rated size but stay soft before that. Varies depending on brand however i reckon!

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

I think it depends on the brand. I believe Qualatex are known for getting hard, particularly in the larger sizes. I've long preferred Unique or Tuf-tex for that reason.

Sei.

Comment

• Peter P.
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Seidenki
        I think it depends on the brand. I believe Qualatex are known for getting hard, particularly in the larger sizes. I've long preferred Unique or Tuf-tex for that reason.

Sei.
        Exactly what I though. And the Belbal 14" is also known to be rather hard but also somewhat more durable.

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

I know QTex are supposed to be really hard, but I feel like the 16" doesn't feel as tight unless it's overinflated.
          I just tried inflating a fresh Q16 and Q24, plus a Q36 I've inflated once and just let the air out of. The Q16 felt a little soft until it reached its rated size, while the Q24 got to 22" with a decent neck and feels really tight. The Q36 got to 33" and feels almost as tight as the Q24.
          It really annoys me, cause it makes me hesitant to inflate them all the way to their rated size

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎