Old 08-05-2018, 08:43 AM

ChillinHaze is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Huge inflatables (and balloons)
@Infl8 The PP toys can be inflated by mouth but it will take a lot of time and effort unless you got stamina and lung power like a singer in an opera.
Like I wrote, we did it once with our Zenith but I really advise to use a pump. ^^'

@Harley I was just wondering if you intentionally try to avoid picking inflatables that could be compared to Puffypaws' designes, because the ones that were in your stories so far were all pretty uncommon shapes for inflatables. Not complaining here but your picks were pretty interesting and surprising so far.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:36 AM

Harley is on a distinguished road
To be honest, I just pick whatever seems to fit for story purposes. The ones in the "bragging" segment are all very generic - I suppose the giant orcas come closest to real-life models, but many manufacturers make such pooltoys so they're pretty non-descript too (and the reader is free to imagine the size).
I think the Puffypaws-like models have been absent because I've never really written about giant inflatables before in an attempt to keep everything moderately plausible. That's right out the window with this latest effort, though!
(Altough there will be a near Puffypaws-sized hippo in an upcoming book, I can say that much. Big enough to block a doorway, at least.)
Old 08-05-2018, 09:53 PM

I see, that explains it pretty well. But I would have thought a damsel in distress scenario where the shining knight comes in and defeats (deflates) the bad dragon would fit right into one of the girls' shows. I think it wouldn't even be that hard to mix in the usual amount of teasing and sexy/erotic appealing.
Could be that I'm just imagining that though ^^'
Because dragons seem to be one of the most commonly used creatures for big inflatables.

Last edited by ChillinHaze; 08-05-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 AM

Infl8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Chillinhaze. I was wondering, which inflatables would be feasible to inflate by mouth, since the PP toys would be easier to inflate via pump?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:15 AM

Harley is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the dragon idea! I love it! (will see if I can work it in somewhere.) It's always nice to get inspirations like that.
As for feasible inflatables, I guess it depends on the person, but I think most would be able to do one of the aforementioned orcas. They are pretty big, but not overwhelmingly so. Beyond that, I guess everyone has to set their own limits
Old 09-05-2018, 04:53 PM

@Harley No problem! Looking forward to read how you'll use this idea.

@Infl8 Like Harley already said it really depends on what you think you can handle. Some people don't mind blowing up PP toys by mouth others only do it with the standard pool toys like dolphins or whales. Some people even inflate the big single chamber toys from Inflatable World by mouth like their giant green dragon.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:25 PM

Oh, wow! Thanks, chillinhaze. I'd like to try my luck with blowing up bigger inflatables by mouth. How are the whales and the orcas?
Old 11-05-2018, 01:45 AM

Which orcas and whales do you mean?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:19 AM

Sorry, I meant in terms of size. How are the whales and orcas in terms of size? Are they easy or hard to inflate by mouth?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:41 AM

Depends on which orcas and whales we are talking about, really. The standard size is probably the orca made by Intex, then there are some that are a bit smaller or bigger than those. And if you want something huge you can look at Inflatable World's 3 meter orcas or even the 5 meter ones.