Old 03-05-2018, 03:10 PM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balloon Reviews
Brand: Amscan
Size: 24”
Shape: Round

Overall rating: 3 — A moderately soft, fun round balloon. While not the most interesting balloon, its relative affordability and availability belie its quality.
Durability: 4 — Shockingly durable, perhaps due to its ability to expand surprisingly far.
Reliability: 4 — I’ve had good experiences, though weak spots can and do appear on occasion.
Softness (New): 3 — Delightfully soft for a new balloon, and willing to deform when pressure is applied.
Softness (Used): 4
Neck: 1 — Nope, sadly not happening here.
Overinflation: 4.5 — Unbelievable how much bigger past rated size these things can get.
Loudness: ? — I would guess it would be about as loud as a high-quality punch balloon, as that’s what the latex reminds me of.
Mess: ?

Price: $7-$11 for a bag of four.
Other comments: The colors are absolutely wonderful! Fun, bright pastels are lovely. They also come in transparent clear, though they sometimes look clouded to me.

I highly recommend this balloon if you are on a budget or have limited options. They can be found on Amazon. I’ve heard they are also sold at Party City.

This review was conducted by a nonpopper.

Last edited by BlueYoshi; 03-05-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:16 PM

Brand: BSA
Size: 17”

Overall rating: 3 — One of those tough balloons made for outdoor display, the BSA 17” walks the line between being a fun, robust balloon (like a Tuftex 17”) and a boring, tight outdoor balloon.
Durability: 4 — Even with a neck, they are fun to bounce on (with care).
Reliability: 5
Softness (New): 2
Softness (Used): 3.5
Neck: 3 — Not very difficult to neck, and can actually grow to a few inches.
Overinflation: 3 — You should be able to tell how far to go.
Loudness: ? — Probably quite loud

Price: About $25 for a bag of 72
Other comments: Even at capacity, the latex feels pretty nice. Not the softest balloon out there, but it feels strong and elastic without being too tight and unforgiving.

Poppers may get a kick out of this one as it can get a respectable neck.

Overall, if you want to buy a large amount of 16” or 17” balloons, I’d recommend Tuftex over BSA.

Last edited by BlueYoshi; 03-05-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:32 PM

Talking Re: Balloon Reviews
Brand: Qualatex
Size: 16”
Shape: Bulb

Overall rating: 2.5 — It’s not bad, but it’s not great, either. It’s a nice, relatively small balloon to have around every now and then, though it faces competition with the Unique 16” in my book.
Durability: 4
Reliability: 5 — Their reliability is probably their best attribute.
Softness (New): 2
Softness (Used): 3
Neck: 2 — Can be necked with care.
Overinflation: 3 — Can stretch a bit, and it’ll typically get tight right before it gets dangerously big.
Loudness: 3 or 4

Price: $16 - $25 for a bag of 50, generally
Other comments: Reliability and quality are what you get here. The latex doesn’t feel as soft and smooth as a Unique 16”, but nonpoppers will appreciate the lower chance of random pops.

Jewel tones look and feel nice, but my personal favorite so far is the solid smile print. Any prints in general are good.

It would be interesting to get a popper’s perspective. As a nonpopper, I prefer slightly larger and softer balloons that are willing to expand a bit more.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM

Brand: Jarty Party
Size: 18”

Overall rating: 1 — A sturdy (for a while) but unimpressive outdoor-type balloon. 18” is optimistic.
Durability: 4 — Durable, at least for a couple of days. Less so if overinflated.
Reliability: 3 — Reliability is fair over the first 24 hours.
Softness (New): 1 — Not much room for fun here...
Softness (Used): 2.5
Neck: 1
Overinflation: 3 — It’ll get a bit softer and a bit bigger, making it a bit more enjoyable. Be aware that spontaneous pops may happen after a few days.
Loudness: ?
Mess: 3

Price: About $9 for a bag of 30.
Other comments: The Amazon price tag may look tempting, but it’s not worth it for a nonpopper. They’re somewhat reminiscent of a cheap punch ball, but with a less fun shape and neck.

For similar (and better) balloons, try the Tuftex 17” or BSA 17”.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:12 AM

someloonerguy is on a distinguished road
Brand: Cattex
Size: 36" Long Neck
Shape: Bulb with elongated neck

Overall rating: 4
Durability: 5- Cattex balloons are well known for their ability to take a pounding. I'm a little over 200lbs and one of these balloons can handle my weight when it's at 32".
Reliability: 4- While no accidental pops while inflating I've had some with obvious glaring defects. These defects can be a major problem considering this balloons is made for the expressed purpose of being necked.
Softness (New): 3- Not the softest balloon when fully inflated the first time.
Softness (Used): 5- Amazing after four or five inflations. The balloon will lovingly wrap itself around you.
Neck: 5- Being made for necking these can get necks about a foot long and probably still take more. Being a larger balloon these are difficult to get stable necks and require pre-inflating the neck several times.
Overinflation: ? I really don't know, never taken one to that limit.
Loudness: 3- I'm a non popper and accidentally popped one while laying on it. It was inflated several times before and wasn't full sized when it popped, so take this rating with a grain of salt.
Mess: ? Haven't popped it in a way to make a mess

Price: $3 - $5 per loon
Other comments: An absolutely breathtaking balloon for neck enthusiasts and people who love taking balloons to the edge. People into balloon bouncing will also find that the specially designed neck will help the body of the balloon absorb the weight of bounces if the balloon's neck isn't inflated prior to bouncing.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:37 PM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
EXPLANATION
Brand: Tuftex (crystals)
Size: 14"

Overall rating: 4

Durability: 4

Reliability: 5

Softness (New): 3
Softness (Used): 4

Neck: 4

Overinflation: 4

Loudness: 3

Mess: 3

Other comments: These have become my favourite balloons. Different colours have different qualities. The burgundy and orange ones are very soft and stretchy getting to huge sizes even in first inflation, whereas the red and blue ones are a much stronger balloon but less soft and don't reach the huge sizes. I prefer the stretchy softer ones and particularly love how strong the are even to rough play. I've never had a premature burst. The only downside us that when they do go bang, it's not very loud.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:31 AM

SRider is on a distinguished road
Brand: Xiaobo Balloons
Size: 36"
Shape: Paddle-molded pear

Overall rating: 3.5
Durability: Never tried popping one, and hard to comment because of inconsistent quality, but probably not suitable for sitting/riding.
Reliability: 2/5. Quality was highly inconsistent; one balloon inflated unevenly, another had a hole in it, and three had clear defects, so about half the ones I bought were defective. The blue, red and transparent ones had nice colors, but the green and pink varieties looked oxidised right out of the packet in addition to having defects.
Softness (New): 2.5/5
Softness (Used): 3.5/5
Neck: 2.5/5
Overinflation: Didn't really try, but I'll give it 3/5 based on the ones that popped
Loudness: I have little popping experience, but I'd give it a 3.5/5 for noise. It wasn't particularly satisfying either; just a "click" loud enough to make your ears ring rather than a cannon blast.
Mess: 2/5

Price: 2.25USD each
Other comments: Anything else you have to say about the balloon

Last edited by SRider; 22-07-2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Found out brand