Old 03-05-2018, 05:08 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Default First step to pop a balloon
In many of you know that I'm a non-popper.
Something inside me wants to change this.
When I play with my wife, I really get nervous when she brings the balloons with nails, when she sits on or when interacts with them with no fear than a phobic non-popper; but whilst my fear grows up I also feel a little tizzy, above all when she teases me touching the balloons with nails (premise that she never would pops, she's scared too).
So, sometimes, into my deep, I would like that she doesn't stop to hold the balloon with nails or stops to inflate; this makes me think, am I becoming a popper? The answer is: why not? I want to overcome this fear.
As title, what's the first step to pop a balloon? I mean, surely blow to pop is the last step, and surely I want to do by myself, not to see my wife doing it. I've been thinking that I might use a pin and wear earplugs or pop sit down.
What's your tip?

Last edited by palloncino90; 06-05-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Location: WEBSITE FOR WOMEN - BECAUSE NO MATTER WHERE I GO, IT SEEMS LIKE I AM TREATED LIKE A SHOOTING TARGET
Bounci is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First step to pop a balloon
I'm still scared to this day but my very first step was to fill the balloons with water. This still took a long time but it got easier the more I did it and eventually I was able to pop air filled balloons. Up to now I've used all kinds of things. Goggles, thick clothing, ear plugs. Now I can do it without any of those and actually found it a lot of fun and very freeing. I can't always do it, but now when I do have a day where I feel the urge, at least it's an option. It can take time but it's not impossible. Much luck!
Old 04-05-2018, 12:18 AM

Casey88 is on a distinguished road
Use some earplugs with loud music on. Best way is to pin pop it or sit on it. The sound will be muffled.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 AM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
Inflate and tie the balloon. Put it on the bed and cover with the blanket. Then grab a long needle and stab the balloon through the blanket...
Old 04-05-2018, 07:05 AM

srob2 is on a distinguished road
First step is to inflate a balloon, uninflated balloons don't pop so well. But seriously, just buy a big bag of balloons and inflate a bunch as big as you can. At some point, grab something sharp and take one out. Popping will be a lot easier if you just popped one.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:25 PM

b0f0s0f is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Slugamano View Post
Inflate and tie the balloon. Put it on the bed and cover with the blanket. Then grab a long needle and stab the balloon through the blanket...
I still do this 99% of the time I pop balloons, it makes it sooo much easier. Just make sure it's a fairly thick duvet or it won't reduce the sound as much as you expect
Old 08-05-2018, 07:32 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Earplugs helped me a lot when I first started trying to pop balloons. I would recommend starting by using something sharp to try to pop some slightly underinflated balloons (I taped a needle to a short stick to make the distance to the balloon longer when I popped it. Made it somewhat easier in a way). If you manage to pop one, keep trying to pop more, as often as possible so that you realize that maybe it isn't so scary after all.
Old 31-05-2018, 08:30 PM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lyckr View Post
Earplugs helped me a lot when I first started trying to pop balloons. I would recommend starting by using something sharp to try to pop some slightly underinflated balloons (I taped a needle to a short stick to make the distance to the balloon longer when I popped it. Made it somewhat easier in a way). If you manage to pop one, keep trying to pop more, as often as possible so that you realize that maybe it isn't so scary after all.
I never used a pin on a stick but otherwise this is 100% right advice. I definitely recommend earplugs the first few times. Also, I like having some music on. Lastly, try to find a room that is not too empty. A room without artwork, carpeting or furniture (like an empty garage) is going to make the pop sound much louder! On the other hand, putting a balloon on the couch in a living room will deaden the sound quite a lot.

The first one's the hardest. Make sure you have a decent number blown up before you start so that you can quickly move on to the next one. (I used to start with a few that were really underinflated, and then I would have others that were fuller and fuller until fully inflated... and just work my way up.) I promise you that it works!

Good luck Lots of us have been there.