Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelLoona

Re: The best balloon fon non-poppers

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
    MichaelLoona: Brody's balloons in the Chicago area carries Betallic and they are good at online ordering.

Because of the long neck, I think they would be good to build large clusters. (Something to try in the future.)
    LoonerPlanet : I have heard of Brodys balloons, but I never have ordered from them before. It seems like most wholesale balloon sites won't sell to you unless you have a business of some sort at least from my experience. I'm not sure if this is the case with Brodys. I did however went ahead and checked them out and you're right. They do carry them and they have a big variety of colors to choose from in the 18" and 24" size. I do most of my balloon shopping with MSR balloons and i did notice that they have Betallatex 18 " as well, just not as many colors to choose from like Brodys. Either way, definitely something to keep in mind on my next future balloon order as you got me thinking really hard about it lol

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
      • Nov 2018

I have ordered from Brody's. No problem. You just need to order enough to justify the shipping cost.

The 24" Betalatex is new. I wonder what it is like.

I have been experimenting with the 18". With the usual balloon skills, you can get a good sized neck and an 18" bulb. After repeated inflations, the balloon will get about 24" long and about 20" wide.

Comment

• loonerlee
        • Dec 2018

Qualatex 36" for sure, q24 too, luckily I've about a dozen left, Still no reason why they discontinued the q24.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Officially, the reason that Qualatex 24" balloons were discontinued, is simply because they sold so few, that the costs of manufacturing them, in the ranges of colours that they did, wasn't cost-effective versus the number that were actually sold. The only people that bought them, were "looners", and we couldn't buy enough of them, to justify keeping them being manufactured.

Most balloon-decorators don't need an 18" balloon, nor a 24" one either. Most customers are satisfied with a regular 10", 11" or 12" balloon. To them, all balloons are the same. They don't know and don't care if it's Qualtex, BelBal, Tuff-Tex or a no-name-brand. And most consumers don't care if the balloons pop eventually. They only care about the costs to them, and whether the balloons will do the job that is required of them (e.g. staying afloat during a kid's birthday party, or looking nice for one day, during a wedding reception). After that, consumers couldn't care about anything else... more's-the-pity!

So, if most purchasers or users of balloons only need a regular, standard-sized 11" balloon, then anything that deviates from that, will simply die off. Occasionally, a 36" balloon will be needed, but again, they are the exception, rather than the norm. Hence, why they are quite expensive to purchase.

Unofficially, I suspect the reason Qualatex discontinued 24" balloons, was simply economic, and the few that they sold to "looners" simply wasn't financially-viable for them, and isn't something they wanted to tout, lest being linked to "looners" caused damage to their business. (Which is fair enough. Very few companies want to be linked to anything related to sex, or sexual fetishes/kinks.)

Comment

• palloncino90
            • Jan 2018

Alas, friend, you are right; if the economic feedback was positive they wouldn't have to stop the production although they could know the mainly buyers were looners, perhaps it didn't enough, sin.
            I just wish Tuf-Tex wouldn't stop too.
            I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• palloncino90
              • Jan 2018

I would to ask to the admin if this post may be setted like important, this may be a "guide" for the non-poppers that are looking for balloons and avoid ripetitive threads.
              I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍