X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

A rather peculiar looking pool toy

I found a strange looking whale ride-on from Swimline on Amazon. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...O18ZYGJY&psc=1

Here's a photo from the page:

Thoughts? Should I buy one? I've never seen anything like it, so I'm quite tempted.
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: A rather peculiar looking pool toy

I quite like it Though i would be worried about the size...how big is it? do you think it can take a decent load?

Comment

• loonerdude44
      Inflatable Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
      I quite like it Though i would be worried about the size...how big is it? do you think it can take a decent load?
      Well the title says it's 72in, but the description of the toy says it's 60in. Nothing too huge.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I just saw the link....strange how the description isn't consistent
        But I definitely like the colour, for sure
        A cool inflatable nonetheless

Comment

• loonerdude44
          Inflatable Enthusiast
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
          I just saw the link....strange how the description isn't consistent
          But I definitely like the colour, for sure
          A cool inflatable nonetheless
          Well, Swimline products are *usually* good, from what I've heard. I know for sure that I'll get some when I can. They might make good collectables, who knows what they'll go for 50 years down the line.

Comment

• Nopops4me
            • Jun 2015

Are you sure that they'll last 50years and you'll not be tempted to use them before with the inevitable burst. It's only a kid's float. Be careful Isn't that a child/minor in the picture?

Comment

• loonerdude44
              Inflatable Enthusiast
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Nopops4me
              Are you sure that they'll last 50years and you'll not be tempted to use them before with the inevitable burst. It's only a kid's float. Be careful Isn't that a child/minor in the picture?
              Who said I'm gonna ride it? They're just great to have around, not necessarily to ride. Sure, I might end up riding it a few times, but I know how to be careful. I have a whale right now (although not a transparent red one) that I haven't properly ridden yet, the weight limit is too low and I didn't it until after I bought the whale. Besides, if I do get one I can perform some surgery, reinforcing the toy from the inside with strips of vinyl and some adhesive if I really want to ride it without breaking it.

Trust me, I'm a religious non-popper, I would never even dream of destroying a perfectly good balloon or inflatable, so I'm super careful whenever I have one.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎