X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tasgor
    • Oct 2015

Andy and Janet-Ch 2

Chapter 2-THE NEXT MORNING

Getting up the next morning was difficult for Andy. He had tossed and turned all night, his mind racing as he reflected on the evening’s events with Janet. He kept replaying their conversations, the whole falling into her arms debacle, and, of course, the episode with the balloon.

He wasn’t sure what to think about the balloon. Prior to last evening, he had never associated balloons with sex. But when his mind returned to the finale of the evening, Janet’s pixie-cut red hair and wide green eyes peeking at him from behind the ever growing balloon, her gaze measuring his every reaction, he found himself getting excited all over again.

“Come on, get it together Andy!” he growled at himself in the bathroom mirror, splashing water on his face as he finished shaving. He ran a brush through his mop of black hair, and decided it would have to do. Shrugging into a shirt, he grabbed a tie and his briefcase before heading out the door. As he walked into his office building, he realized with a start that he didn’t even remember the drive in, as his mind had been so preoccupied. He also realized, as the security guard at the front desk gave him a strange look, that he was grinning like he had won the lottery.

“That good, huh? I want all the details!”

Andy paused, and turned around. Julie was exiting the conference room with a stack of file folders rising almost to her chin, clearly coming from an early meeting. She had never been physically imposing, being short and stocky, with unruly black hair she usually kept tied back in a ponytail. However, he had learned from experience that she was something of a force of nature, and that people resisted her will at their peril. So he fell into step behind her as she headed briskly to her office, not even looking back, just assuming he was following.

She set the files on her desk and hopped up on a corner, crossing her legs and looking down at him as he sank into one of the leather guest chairs. She raised an expectant eyebrow, and smiled. He relaxed and began telling her what had transpired the night before.

“You fell into HER arms?” Julie exclaimed incredulously. “I don’t know if that is cliche or the opposite. It’s a good thing she was a lacrosse player! Gave her those long, strong arms. I always wanted to be jealous of her. She was the tall, strong one, but she’s so sweet I couldn’t be serious about it.”

Andy finished his reporting on the rest of the evening. He almost didn’t tell her about the balloon, but he knew that she would be able to tell he was holding back. When he was finished, she cocked her head and looked at him.

“So what do think about the whole balloon thing? She was nervous about telling you, but I convinced her that she should be upfront about it.”

“I have to admit, I’d never really thought about it, but it was crazy sexy.”

Julie smiled. “I’m glad you think that. She called me this morning, bouncing off the walls. She was going to text and see if you wanted to meet for lunch, but was nervous about coming on too strong. I told her I would see how you were doing, but then I was done playing matchmaker. This isn’t seventh grade!” She smirked at the last bit, but knew she had effectively set the hook. She pulled out her phone, and tapped away. After a minute, she looked up and said, “Ron’s Grill, 12:30. Now, go do some work! I have to stop avoiding these capitalization reports,” as she looked at the pile of folders with a sigh.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur of spreadsheets, phone calls and meetings. Finally, it was time to head over for his lunch. Andy grabbed his jacket and umbrella, and began the three block walk to the restaurant.

As he walked in, he scanned the dining room, spotting Janet in the far corner, her crimson hair backlit by the light from the street as she intently studied the menu. As he started to walk toward the table, he heard a “WHOOSH” of air from behind him, and the distinctive sound of a balloon being inflated. He paused and turned to see a young woman with coffee skin filling a balloon on a helium tank, the beads in her hair tinkling against each other as she worked. He watched as she quickly filled a sky blue balloon until the neck began to form. She paused as she saw his eyes on her and the balloon. She gave him a quick smile, then looked back at the balloon and frowned. Apparently deciding it still wasn’t full enough, she pushed the valve of the tank causing the neck to further expand until it almost touched her fingers.

He tore his eyes away, and continued his walk to Janet’s table. Her eyes were on him as he approached, and she gave him a big smile as he slid into the chair across from her.

“Hi,” she said, then frowned. “I thought all morning about what I was going to say when I saw you again, and then when the moment comes, ‘Hi’ is all I can think of.” She sighed. “I’m afraid I’m a little out of practice.”

Andy chuckled. “At least you were able to say something. I was afraid my mouth would stop working altogether. However, since it seems to be working for the moment, I’ll tell you I’m glad I could see you again today. But, I guess we both have our fairy godmother Julie to thank, who is bound and determined to help us along.” At this, Janet laughed, and seemed to relax.

The next hour passed quickly as they discussed various topics, and enjoyed their respective lunches, but periodically they would pause as they heard the “WHOOSH” of a balloon being inflated at the entrance to the restaurant.

Finally, after paying for their lunches, Janet stood, put out her hand, and asked, “Do you have time for a quick walk? The rain’s let up.”

Taking her hand, he nodded. He was sure he was grinning like a schoolboy again, but he didn’t care. As they walked to the exit, he started to put out his hand to open the door, when he heard, “Wait!”

Both he and Janet turned, and he saw the girl who had been inflating the balloons grab a red balloon. “It matches your hair,” she stated to Janet, and nodded, as if that was explanation enough. She put it on the tank, and tipped the valve to begin inflating it. Instantly, Janet’s hand tightened on his, and they watched together as the balloon grew. As before, the girl filled it to the point where the neck started to form, and paused, looking up at them.

“More?” she asked, waiting expectantly. Janet looked up at Andy, and he could see the same flush on her cheeks as he had seen the night before. He stepped closer to her, so that their bodies were pressed together, and said, “Sure,” trying very hard to sound nonchalant.

The girl turned back to the tank and slowly began to add air. Andy was both excited and nervous as he watch the balloon grow and stretch. As the red of the balloon became more and more translucent, Janet’s hand continued to tighten on his. The neck continued to stretch and expand until he was sure it was going to burst. He could feel his own palm sweating in Janet’s tight embrace, as the girl stopped and quickly clipped the balloon to a string, and handed the dangerously over-inflated balloon to Janet.

They exited the restaurant, standing under the awning while Andy opened the umbrella. They both ducked under it and began walking, the balloon bobbing beside them. As they walked, pressed against each other, each falling raindrop made a hollow “bong” sound as it collided with the tightly stretched latex of the balloon. After walking a half a block, Janet stopped and turned to him.

“I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed our lunch. But what put it over the top for me was feeling you standing next to me as she inflated this balloon. Supporting me. I still get nervous when I pop balloons, but it is different when I’m in control. Being helpless like that, while she inflated it, not knowing what was going to happen, was both scary and exciting. But more exciting that scary because you were there, with me.”

With that, Janet put her hand around the back of Andy’s neck, leaned in, and kissed him hard. He could feel her excitement as they pressed together. Finally, she broke away with a gasp.

“This is my office. Dinner tonight at my place? I’ll text the address.”

He smiled and nodded. “I’d love it. What should I bring?”

She leaned over and pressed her mouth against the tight balloon, leaving an imprint of her lips with her lipstick. “The balloon,” she said softly, giving him a sultry smile as she turned and headed into her building.

It was going to be a long afternoon...
    Last edited by tasgor; 22-09-2018, 14:28.
  • Nittox
    • Jan 2017

Re: Andy and Janet-Ch 2

Awesome stories

Comment

• Bobywan
      • Sep 2012

Re: Andy and Janet-Ch 2

Amazing! Can't wait to see what they do for dinner...or after

Comment

Working...
      😀