What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue548
    • Sep 2015

Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Nice! Do you ever feel nervous about asking for balloons in public?

Comment

• Seasider
      • Jan 2016

One of the bits I enjoy most about having. Balloon fetish is getting freebie balloons whenever they are being handed out.

I love the thrill of getting different balloons and have never felt embarrassed about asking personally. I don't think most people think twice about balloons in the sense that we do having a fetish for them.

I worked in retail for many years and there was quite often balloon handouts taking place and it never ceased to amaze me how much adults, both male and female would love to get hold of balloons, especially if they are helium filled.

I have taken that experience into how I ask for balloons nowadays. We were in loch fyne restaurant about 3 months ago and when we walked in I noticed a Helium tank by the podium where staff stood. Next to it was a bag full of blue printed balloons with the plastic nozzles. After we finished (admittedly we had the kids with us) we already had 2 balloons helium filled, on the way out I asked the waitress if we could have a few uninflated balloons. She said yes no problem, got home in the end with 13!

I love the thrill of obtains balloons in normal everyday situations, don't know if anyone else gets the same feelings?

Comment

• Pink Balloon
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Seasider
        I have taken that experience into how I ask for balloons nowadays. We were in loch fyne restaurant about 3 months ago and when we walked in I noticed a Helium tank by the podium where staff stood. Next to it was a bag full of blue printed balloons with the plastic nozzles. After we finished (admittedly we had the kids with us) we already had 2 balloons helium filled, on the way out I asked the waitress if we could have a few uninflated balloons. She said yes no problem, got home in the end with 13!

I love the thrill of obtains balloons in normal everyday situations, don't know if anyone else gets the same feelings?
        I'll have to try that next time I'm at Red Robins, I'd love to have some advertisment balloons.

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

While in high school, my friend Jackie, was the assistant manager of the floral department at the local supermarket. They did flower deliveries and balloon bouquets. Jackie felt strongly that customers get a good value and always overinflated the balloons. In fact, she required her new employees to overinflate balloons until they burst so she could show them how much more they can be filled than most people think.

I don't think she had a fetish, but she was fearless. I never saw her inflate one by mouth, but I would chat with her sometimes while she worked. She would routinely get 6-8" necks, tugging on the body so slightly to elongate it at the end. She would be engrossed in some story about a boy, or her homework or whatever and not paying attention to what she was doing. Inevitably there would be some ear-splitting POW! as an overinflated balloon burst next to her head, but I don't think she even flinched. There was always a collection of broken mouth piece rings around the base of the helium nozzle as she waited until she'd completed all the days orders before she cleaned up her mess. I don't think I could pick one specific balloon that was more overinflated, but I think hers were the biggest unintentionally.
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Claire123
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Katielynn
            While in high school, my friend Jackie, was the assistant manager of the floral department at the local supermarket. They did flower deliveries and balloon bouquets. Jackie felt strongly that customers get a good value and always overinflated the balloons. In fact, she required her new employees to overinflate balloons until they burst so she could show them how much more they can be filled than most people think.
            Love this She sounds awesome! I wonder how the new employees felt having to do b2ps.

That reminds me of one more! When I was a kid, I was in a shop which gave out balloons and saw this employee being taken to the helium tank which was out back but was able to be seen from the shop floor.

I think he was new and was his first time tasked with the balloon inflating as he fumbled about for a while with the machine and then putting the balloon on it. I was able to watch him as he inflated a couple. Not sure what happened but after a few he didn't seem to stop quick enough and blew one right to bursting He looked a bit taken a back.

hown over to the helium tank in the corner and

Comment

• Jkloon
              • Aug 2013

My last girlfriend was amazing at overinflating balloons. Idk how but she usually got a 12" close to 20" without popping it

Comment

• Peter P.
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Jkloon
                My last girlfriend was amazing at overinflating balloons. Idk how but she usually got a 12" close to 20" without popping it
                Quite impressive. Takes quite a bit of patience to get there

Comment

• Vicci
                  Blown to bits
                  • Oct 2009

Seems there's still people out there who like to try their luck, the young lady on the krispy kreme drive-thru last night blew this one up when I asked for a balloon "for my daughter".
                  She even asked if it was big enough, I was quite tempted to say no.
                  Attached Files
                  Vicci x

Comment

• wildheart
                    • Apr 2015

That's pretty big. I'm surprised it survived the journey home.
                    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Slugamano
                      • Jul 2016

Did it survive? :-)...

Comment

• Seasider
                        • Jan 2016

Oh my that is amazing. It always surprise me how people blow balloons up so much, not even seem to realise that the balloon has limits!

Where is this Krispy Kreme! The one near me always has balloons on sticks but they're always under inflated! I've got loads from there and they hVe now moved the balloon tree behind the counter!! Wonder if it was because I was nicking them all!

Amazing picture Vicci, thanks for sharing it! Bet you were well happy with that!

Comment

• Vicci
                          Blown to bits
                          • Oct 2009

It survived the journey home, and overnight, but must have popped whilst I was out on Sunday as when I got back only the stick remains (I still haven't found the remains of the balloon).

It was the Krispy Kreme in Peterborough - usually they have small ones out and about, but as it was late at night I guess they didn't have any ready done so she did one for me as they weren't busy.
                          Vicci x

Comment

• Claire123
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Vicci
                            Seems there's still people out there who like to try their luck, the young lady on the krispy kreme drive-thru last night blew this one up when I asked for a balloon "for my daughter".
                            Nice You should definitely have asked her if she could put just a little more air into it...

Me and my boyfriend went to a Mexican place for dinner last week, they had balloons on sticks and there were an odd mix of underinflated and incredibly over inflated. Obviously we took one, didn't last long when we got it home

Comment

• AuroraFox
                              • Nov 2015

I remember walking around one of those booth-style trade fairs in some large building back around high school age. It wasn't uncommon for many of these booth to have candy bowls, balloons, etc to draw attention. There was one booth in particular that the guys manning it were putting up helium balloons, but unlike all the others, these were pushed right to the limit! I remember hearing quite a few of them popping while walking around. I should've gotten a few of those!

Comment

• Katielynn
                                Expert Blower
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Vicci
                                Wow Vicci, that's impressive! Did she do it with a pump or did you have to wait for her to blow it that big by mouth?
                                I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍