Old 24-01-2018, 04:37 PM

lilolover82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Question for those of you with Intex orcas.
Originally Posted by loonerdude44 View Post
It was right next to a seam actually. But I tried patching her from the inside and failed miserably, I can't remove the glue or the patch that isn't on right, so she's done. It pains me. I even prayed to the lord that she would be alright in heaven, and to forgive me for what I have done to my beloved (yes, I believe in a divine creator, souls, objects having souls too, an afterlife, etc)
How bad was the leak? How fast slow does her air go out?
Old 24-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilolover82 View Post
How bad was the leak? How fast slow does her air go out?
Well it's a few inches long (because I needed to make the small-ish hole longer to get a big piece of vinyl on the inside to patch, but I failed horribly) and she won't hold air at all. If I want to patch her, I'll have to cut out the area that was poorly patched. I might give it an attempt, but where I cut (and patch) will end up going through the seam. The glue I have is too slippery, can you recommend any thicker vinyl glue?
Old 26-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
I've thought about it, and I think I will buy a black Intex orca whenever the opportunity comes up. The vinyl on the underside of Sapphire's pectoral fins and tail is a matte white, and that seems nice enough, so black vinyl with the same finish shouldn't be that bad. I was expecting matte vinyl to be rough like the underside of a dinghy or something, but it ain't.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:25 AM

Jkloon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by loonerdude44 View Post
Well it's a few inches long (because I needed to make the small-ish hole longer to get a big piece of vinyl on the inside to patch, but I failed horribly) and she won't hold air at all. If I want to patch her, I'll have to cut out the area that was poorly patched. I might give it an attempt, but where I cut (and patch) will end up going through the seam. The glue I have is too slippery, can you recommend any thicker vinyl glue?
Try and find a pool repair kit! They come with a very nice glue that works great for repairs. I used one to repair an almost 2 foot long seam split on an old intex puppy ride on, and it has held perfectly. I've also used it to re-attach the wing of a bestway duck, and make many repairs in a bestway orca that I tend to get too rough with sometimes (it's also a very old toy).