X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katielynn
    Expert Blower
    • May 2012

Loudest POP

What room helps create the loudest pop? We do most of our balloon play in the bedroom, but I was wondering if we get bigger booms elsewhere. I know that some of the ones in the landing by our stairway have been pretty loud, and I personally like to do it in the kitchen. I think the granite countertops and all the reflective surfaces helps amplify the sound. What do you guys think?

XO,
    Katie
    I love to hear the BOOM!
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Re: Loudest POP

Basically, the best pops are gonna be in rooms with the most amount of hard, flat surfaces. Everything soft including carpet, couches, and beds will soak up some of the sound waves. Also if the room has lots of objects laying around or blocking a direct access to the wall, they will deflect the sound waves rather than have them travel right back at you like in a room with just flat walls. If you want the loudest pops inside your house, your best bet is probably the bathroom, the kitchen, or if you have a relatively empty garage.

Hope that helps!!

Comment

• EC1118
      • Jun 2012

The bathroom is a pretty good place for me. Maybe try having some fun in the bath together

Comment

• oldpopper
        • Jan 2013

An all tile bathroom is great for a loud pop use a fresh balloon blow it to pop on the first inflation 16inch Qualatex is an excellent choice ,punch balls are also great. Have fun.

Comment

• ballonknall
          • Apr 2013

I think the loudest pop will be in the bathroom. I've tried that before and it bursts really loud. Another thing you can try ist blow to pop in the basement. The reflection of the sound on solid walls makes it seem louder.

What i'd like to know is: Do you wear ear plugs when popping balloons? Do you consider blow to pop dangerous for your hearing, especially when doing it in the bathroom?

I don't wear earplugs when popping balloons since i like the loud noise. Nevertheless i've experienced a ringing in my ears from the burst before. For me getting the loudest possible bang is part of the fun. So i don't want to use ear plugs, but part of me asks if this is really dangerous for my ears.

Comment

• Katielynn
            Expert Blower
            • May 2012

I don't wear earplugs, but for me too the boom is the best part.

I imagine that lots of exposure over the long term could have an adverse health effect, but it's not something I'm overly concerned about. I've had some really loud pops and some echoing booms before, but never any sustained ringing in my ears. It's not nearly as bad as going to a concert or something like that. Hope that helps.
            I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• ballonknall
              • Apr 2013

Thanks for your answer.
              When I was afraid of balloons I learned getting used to them and also popping them with ear plugs. After some time I got curious what the bang would be like, so I startet popping them without plugs. Since I managed doing b2ps without plugs I got addicted to the loud bangs. I just wanted it louder and louder. I used bigger balloons and got to double-balloons.
              The bang of those makes my ears ring quite a bit. It never remains for days, but I hear it for a couple of hours, maybe more as after a concert. Still it's most of the fun hearing the loud booms.

What was the loudest pop you experienced?

Comment

• Balloonblower
                • Oct 2013

I can't B2P in my garage any more - I had the old rotten wood doors replaced with a metal up & over door and now any loud bang sets that door ringing - DAMN! Guess I could try putting some fibreglass wool or foam insulation on it?
                Blow 'em up to bursting point and don't stop blowing!

Comment

• meme
                  • Sep 2013

I reccommend that... "Glass Bathroom"

At one time in pool party. I b2p race (12" crystal purple) with friend in glass bathroom. when its pop "Bang" that make me stun...

Comment

• BalloonSmokers
                    • Oct 2013

One time i filmed a b2p clip in downtown Tampa and with all the high rise buildings it sounded like a shot gun went off. It was amazing

Comment

• balloon lover 23
                      • Feb 2014

I enjoyed one sit to pop that I did it was a 16 inch green balloon and I popped it in my enclosed shower my ears ringed for awhile but I had a lot of fun

Comment

• LoonlYlonner

Once i blow popped a belbal 14 metalic in my closed shower. It was soooo loud that it was probably louder than gunfire.

Comment

• rockrewls
                          • Dec 2017

Bathroom in our house. holy cr@p that was loud.

Comment

• BalloonBomber
                            • Jul 2019

I think that small rooms help to make unique and interesting pops. in some rooms you can get just the bang but no echo which can be interesting

Comment

• Regular Guy
                              • Aug 2015

I pumped to pop an Q24 in my bathroom. It was really loud.

When I renovated my living room a few years ago I did som P2Ps in the empty bare room. That was quite loud too.

A pal of mine B2Ped a crystal blue Belbal 14" for me in an empty garage. Wow, that was a really loud, aggressive bang with an amazing "echo"...

But if you want the loudest bang at home, I'd recommend the bathroom ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎