What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claire123
    • Oct 2016

What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

So last weekend I went to a 40th birthday party at a friends flat. The friends husband had decorated the place with some bunches of balloons and banners around the lounge.

What struck me is how incredibly tight some of the balloons were inflated Seriously the necks on those things, they looked as if one touch and they would burst. A couple did spontaneously pop throughout the night, which didn't surprise me!

I thought this was really unusual, most people don't inflate balloons enough I feel! Maybe he's a looner I remember going into a phone shop earlier in the year and they had balloons in there with their logo on and some of those had huge necks too.

So have you ever been surprised by a non-looner over inflating their balloons?
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

I think some people are just curious to see how big they'll go or they know they can be necked so they make them that big because it looks nicer. I've seen huge necks before, there was this 11 inch that had a neck that was well over a foot long.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seasider
      • Jan 2016

We went to an open day at my wife's work and there were some charity stands raising money handing out balloons on sticks. What grabbed my attention was the size of them, cleat overinflated without being stretched too. I managed to get two home. My wife got them out of the boot and as she held it up one exploded on the drive, the other one popped in the cupboard. They were knotted so I couldn't deflate them.
      I always think could the people blowing them
      Up be looners, bug I guess they don't realise they're in the over inflation danger zone!! Did you manage to liberate any balloons at the end of your friends party?!!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
        • Oct 2016

My own, I love the tight latex.

When I'm overinflating I'll generally use a handpump, and they feel so nice and tight.

Comment

• Claire123
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Seasider
          We went to an open day at my wife's work and there were some charity stands raising money handing out balloons on sticks. What grabbed my attention was the size of them, cleat overinflated without being stretched too. I managed to get two home. My wife got them out of the boot and as she held it up one exploded on the drive, the other one popped in the cupboard. They were knotted so I couldn't deflate them.
          I always think could the people blowing them
          Up be looners, bug I guess they don't realise they're in the over inflation danger zone!! Did you manage to liberate any balloons at the end of your friends party?!!
          Aw that is a shame you didn't get a chance to play with them!

Didn't manage to liberate any to take home but after a couple of drinks did take a bunch of three down to bat around. The tightest looking of course, and one just burst in my friends hands as he was holding it

No one commented on how tightly inflated they were though but I was amazed.

We're going to a house party for NYE, same group of friends but different couple, I do hope they follow suit and put some lovely tight balloons up

Comment

• someloonerguy
            • Aug 2016

Definitely one of my own. I have some of the Amscan 24" balloons from Party City and they can get pretty damn big. I've gotten two to, at least, 40". Trying to stretch one out to try to get it to 48". I've not seen a balloon get to double it's rated size.

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Heat stretched GL1200 - had baked it in the oven at 290F for 10 minutes, and then inflated and deflated it multiple times and generally stretched it over the course of a couple weeks. Before it finally popped I managed to get it to around 115" long and 40" thick (rated at 80" long by 32" thick)

Comment

• Regular Guy
                • Aug 2015

Most overinflated balloons were definitely some of my own balloons.

Some Belbal 10"-12" promotional balloons, some Belbal 14"s, all while trying some B2Ps.

My goal is to be able to overinflate balloons slowly as close to the point of popping as possible. Unfortunately I still get very nervous and uncomfortable at a certain point during inflation. It's when the neck is fully inflated. Although I know that most balloons still can take a good amount of breaths by then it is nearly impossible for me to keep on blowing.

Comment

• Claire123
                  • Oct 2016

I probably should have clarified the title to match the rest of my original post I meant over inflated balloons in other situations and by non looners, not ourselves

Comment

• Vicci
                    Blown to bits
                    • Oct 2009

Two I can think of:
                    One back when Burger King used to give out balloons - the young lady there was getting some good 6-10" necks on them, they were all randomly popping whilst on the 'balloon tree', so she kept doing more.
                    Another was more recently, I was walking through an event in a town and noticed a lot of kids walking round with punchball balloons with massive necks. Eventually found where they were getting them from, it was a health spa stall handing them out like that - they were getting a bit over enthusiastic with the electric pump.
                    Vicci x

Comment

• npratt
                      • Jul 2016

For me it was a long time ago, before most of you were born I'm going to guess, in some city in Italy I was passing through. People were walking around with these pear shaped helium balloons inflated 1cc short of bursting, seductively bobbing and wiggling at the ends of their strings. This was in the bad old days when balloon fetishism was in the deepest corners of the darkest closets, and I was with my father, the very last person I would want to know of my "interest". It was really tough pretending to ignore the show.

Comment

• craggy2012
                        • Jan 2012

I think the biggest I've seen (well watched) was that red 36inch round that model called Lexi blew to pop in one of her videos she made a decade ago or so..... the balloon was so big at the end she was struggling to get anymore air into it as there was nothing left of the neck for her to pinch hold of or get her lips around to inflat it further!

Comment

• Seasider
                          • Jan 2016

There was a load tied to the railing outside my local costa coffee before Christmas. They're qualatex 11 inch helium filled with plastic valves and they were as tight as you could get. Nothing left in them. Inflated on a helium tank they get like that if you're not really paying attention on not used to inflating them.

I did go back in the evening and "liberated" all those that were left, I was quite pleased as I didn't have any Costa prints in my collection!

Comment

• Regular Guy
                            • Aug 2015

The last situation with (really) overinflated balloons was quite long ago.

I was about 10, 11 or 12 years old and joined a Halloween party for kids that took place in my village.

The room was decorated with balloons, but they weren't orange and/or black or with an Halloween imprint, there were different promotional balloons.
                            Different colours, different sizes and different imprints.
                            The neck of every balloon was fully inflated.

I was scared and very, very fascinated at the same time.

Fortunately the party was some kind of a "disco" and there was loud music so a pop wouldn't seem that loud.
                            But surprisingly not even one balloon popped...

As I was very fascinated, it was difficult for me to keep my eyes away from all those beautiful tight, big, pear-shaped and long-necked balloons.
                            Still wondering if one or some of my friends noticed that...

I hardly couldn't think about everything else but the balloons all evening long and I really wanted to know who inflated or blew up those balloons that tight.

In retrospect, I think the teens (girls and boys from 15-17 or so), who were members of the youth organization that hosted the party, maybe could have had some kind of a challenge while decorating the room.

Or maybe one of the teens had a passion for balloons? Maybe one of the boys, maybe one of the girls?
                            Did the boys try to scare the girls? Or were the girls the daring inflators?
                            Was it a challenge between the boys? Was it a challenge between the girls?
                            Or did the boys challenge the girls or did the girls challenge the boys?

I will never know...

I really wanted to touch some of the balloons or hug them, but I always felt observed and didn't want to try...

Comment

• Vicci
                              Blown to bits
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Seasider
                              There was a load tied to the railing outside my local costa coffee before Christmas. They're qualatex 11 inch helium filled with plastic valves and they were as tight as you could get. Nothing left in them. Inflated on a helium tank they get like that if you're not really paying attention on not used to inflating them.

I did go back in the evening and "liberated" all those that were left, I was quite pleased as I didn't have any Costa prints in my collection!
                              I've got loads of them, they're quite nice - my local Costa had some seriously over-inflated ones on sticks about a year ago, I asked if I could have some uninflated ones and she gave me a massive handful
                              Vicci x

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍