Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inflatablelover21
    • Jun 2015

Beach balls

What’s the best beach ball you baught and where is the best place to buy them
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Beach balls

I like those Jets Creations classic six colour beachballs in the 6, 8 and 10 foot sizes. The smaller 6 foot model has a conventional #3 sized (10mm) pinch valve, but the 8 and 10 foot balls both come with recessed Boston (screw) valves which makes for much easier inflation and deflation.

Other beachballs I’ve got which I like would be the Inflatable World range of 132 and 168 inch giant beachballs. These are both fitted with a 1 inch ish.... (it’s more likely to be a metric size) rubber plug with a plastic screw cap.

The smaller sized beach balls in my collection start at 48inch, going upto four 168inch ‘room filling’ beachballs

As for buying them, the Jets ones are usually found from time to time as brand new items on eBay via vendors in the US, or via D n L Toys in the US (he also sells odd items via EBay too), and Inflatable World DE obviously have their own website. I’ve also purchased various so called stadium balls over the years- these are fun, but are usually of a very thin gauge vinyl making them very susceptible to pin holes on the corners when folded up for shipping, or just in general use... they’re still great fun for climbing over semi inflated though.
    Last edited by craggy2012; 17-01-2018, 16:47.

Comment

• JOhara
      • Jul 2015

My favorite and only beach ball is a 24” intex paradise style with alternating yellow, clear, light blue, clear, pink and clear panels. 24” is my favorite beachball size.

Its very stretchy and even when blown up tight and will stretch when ridden rather than just develop holes or pop. It also makes alot of squeaky noises which is a big turn on

I dont intend to pop it but I enjoy being rough with it and despite me “popping” many times playing with it, it remains intact with no holes! I’m sure one day I’ll be a bit too rough! LOL!

I love it and in my opinion very “balloon like”

Comment

• JOhara
        • Jul 2015

Well...I spoke too soon in my above post! 3 holes sprung up during a romp today!

Comment

• loonerdude44
          Inflatable Enthusiast
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by JOhara
          Well...I spoke too soon in my above post! 3 holes sprung up during a romp today!
          Oh, the irony You ought to be more careful next time!

Comment

• John225
            • Jan 2018

Back when Beachball world was working they had the best. I also get a lot of different ones from amazon. But for me I just buy a ton of the Walmart 42 inch ones in the summer. That way I can use them as much as I want and always have extra

Comment

• craggy2012
              • Jan 2012

Yeah I used to do that at Toys R Us back in the nineties with Intexes 48inch Jumbo Balls. One year I was going in monthly for the duration of their summer season and buying them up ten or more at a time. They certainly lasted us over the winter months though when inflatables were nigh on possible to buy from shops.

Comment

• Benjy
                • Mar 2018

Intex "48 transparent, with thin rainbow stripes, late 1990's. My absaloute favourite design, on a very large inflatable (especially compared to the newer Intex large beachballs). Wish they'd reproduce that design...

Comment

• Beachballer
                  • Mar 2018

In my opinion, Intex has the best durability. I bought them from 5 below, amazon, and I just bought 4 from target for $0.90 each! The are 20” and a perfect size for me.

I want to buy this set. This is what I started my beachball obsession with when I was a kid. It looks kinda different now but still!

12 Inflatable SPORT BALLS - Beach Balls - Inflates are 16" BASEBALLS-Basketballs-FOOTBALLS-Soccer Balls-Party Favorites https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JL48TKE..._9jLVAbJ3QEK1G

Comment

• bbhumper
                    • Jan 2012

I like 36" beach balls myself and IMO the best ones are the Intex with the three clear panels and the other three say Intex, they are durable. I have found them at 5 below.

Comment

• PBK
                      • Mar 2019

Probably the original 48" and 60" Intex Wet Set classic beach balls. I have dozens still new in bags but I wish I'd have bought dozens more before they discontinued them. It's a classic beach ball that has a lot of memories.
                      Any 48" or bigger beach ball manufactured before the phthalate/plasticizer ban.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎