Old 30-05-2016, 12:34 AM

Jkloon is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Dragon!
So, I have revised the design for my custom dragon. I intend to have it produced this summer or fall. Please let me know if there is interest! Also, any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Everything on this dragon will inflate, even the wings. The wings will be similar to pool rafts in the way they chamber. The dotted lines on the back view represent additional seams; I intend to have an extra piece of vinyl there so the top and bottom are flat-ish.

Hopefully the grey part will be metallic

Dragon.jpg

Dragon- Back.jpg
Old 31-05-2016, 01:52 AM

lilolover82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom Dragon!
How do you plan to prevent seam leaks? The more seams the higher the chance of getting a hole in one of the seams that will be extremely difficult to patch. Second what would the estimated cost of one?, and lastly what size would they be?
Old 31-05-2016, 01:57 AM

lilolover82 is on a distinguished road
Oh sorry. Also where would you place the valves, what size valves, pinch valves or quick release? Also how would we order one if we want one?
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 PM

All seams will be lapped. Additionally, the company that will be making them specializes in inflatables made for durable riding. Should be able to ride it standing up with no supports. Also, because of the extra seams there will be less pressure around the curves than if it were a single seam. Size is approximately 7 feet tall and 11 feet long. The valves are represented by the little white circles, I'll have to discuss with the company what type.

Based on similar designs, I'm guessing cost will be around $600-$650 each. I'm waiting on a quote from the manufacturer. Once I get that I will be putting online order forms out on various websites, including this one!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:51 PM

Also, I should have mentioned, The line with alternating hash lengths (_ __ _ _ __ _ _ __) just represents the crest of the back, not a seam.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:11 AM

new2inflate is on a distinguished road
I'm new here so I can't view the links yet, but I was wondering if the design has it ride-able while upright like the cloud/fire dragon design?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:51 AM

That's the intention
Old 21-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Bubble Boy :-P

I think i want one JK! I'm totally gonna start saving up as soon as I can! I havnt played with inflatables in ages & wanna get back into them! I even dug out my old intex beach balls,lol! PM me any updates as you progress through this awesome project
Old 24-06-2016, 03:05 AM

Thank you so much! I'm still waiting on the company to get back to me. Probably going to give them a call soon since I'm getting frustrated.
Old 25-06-2016, 04:58 PM

new2inflate is on a distinguished road
Color me curious as well; I'd be interested to know what the final price would be along with the delivery date. Your idea with the wings is quite interesting...