Old 14-03-2016, 10:15 PM

Ash_738 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is Hi-Float?
For some reason I have it in my mind that the last time I bought helium filled balloons (a long time ago) the woman who owned the shop wiped a small amount of vaseline inside them before inflation, however I can't find any information online to confirm that this is actually a thing. Might be worth a try if someone is interested...
Old 16-03-2016, 01:32 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ash_738 View Post
For some reason I have it in my mind that the last time I bought helium filled balloons (a long time ago) the woman who owned the shop wiped a small amount of vaseline inside them before inflation, however I can't find any information online to confirm that this is actually a thing. Might be worth a try if someone is interested...
Vaseline is oil-based, so it would make the balloon pop prematurely. Probably was hi-float she used.
Old 18-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Ash_738 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
Vaseline is oil-based, so it would make the balloon pop prematurely. Probably was hi-float she used.
That settles that then. Most probably it was but I just seem to remember this conversation about it being something more common...

Also I looked on the Hi-Float website and the ingredients are obviously not revealed but it's described as something similar to postage stamp glue which it turns out is typically "Gum Arabic" also called "Acacia Gum". So there you go...