Old 26-01-2013, 05:30 AM
PVC inflatable fetishist

PVC Vinyl Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favourite inflatables
Originally Posted by Vicci View Post
That's interesting that you mention the different brands, in the UK I prefer bestway rather than intex - intex is quite thick and stiff with not a lot of stretch so you get unpredictable pops, whereas bestway is softer and stretchy so you can over-inflate things a long way
Vicci,

Have you noticed that the PVC used in vinyl inflatables is not as soft as what it used to be a couple of years ago? They contain a new phthalate plasticizer substitute that's nowhere near as effective as the banned phthalate plasticizers. I have been in physical contact with vinyl inflatables for years without any ill-effect from the supposedly 'harmful' phthalate plasticizers. The phthalates are nowhere near as harmful as they're hyped up to be by the media.
Old 27-01-2013, 03:01 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, the new EU 'compliant' plasticizers make vinyl tougher, less pilable.
It doesn't help matters with China churning out poor quality vinyl for the toy manufacturers either. You can still get lovely soft, stretchy glossy vinyl (used for fetishwear)- but it costs a fortune per roll so alot of toy manufacturers are going for the horrible cheaper stuff purely on cost grounds.
As for the Intex, verses bestway debate- all my Intex 48inch beach balls dateback to the early 1990's- so they're full of lurvly phthalates, lead, cadmium ect and the ones I've still to open and use, are still wonderfully soft and pliable even after twenty odd years of storage.
Old 27-01-2013, 09:14 PM
PVC inflatable fetishist

Originally Posted by craggy2012 View Post
Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, the new EU 'compliant' plasticizers make vinyl tougher, less pilable.
It doesn't help matters with China churning out poor quality vinyl for the toy manufacturers either. You can still get lovely soft, stretchy glossy vinyl (used for fetishwear)- but it costs a fortune per roll so alot of toy manufacturers are going for the horrible cheaper stuff purely on cost grounds.
As for the Intex, verses bestway debate- all my Intex 48inch beach balls dateback to the early 1990's- so they're full of lurvly phthalates, lead, cadmium ect and the ones I've still to open and use, are still wonderfully soft and pliable even after twenty odd years of storage.
Hi Cragsta,

Have you bought any inflatables from Bubble Inflatables/Cool Inflatables based in the US? Their inflatable sofas (couches) are made from fantastically soft, glossy transparent PVC. I do'nt think that China-made inflatables for the American consumer market are subjected to phthalate regulations.
Old 28-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by craggy2012 View Post
Ah that could be it - the bestway ones I have are a good few years old, whereas the intex ones are new. When you unfold the new ones it sounds like they're made from paper. I had one of the new 48" balls burst on me when I was blowing it up last week, tore straight down the seam - seems welding isn't as good as it used to be either.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
@ PVC Vinyl Enthusiast,

No I've not ordered inflates from the US but will take a look at the 'Bubble' site though as I'm currently looking for a couple of those 60's style 'chunky looking' inflatable chairs.
For large sized beach balls I tend to buy from IW nowerdays as I've found these are very good, quality made items. The 168inch balls are lovely and soft gloss vinyl.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Fetish Enthusiast(:

inflatable.vixen is on a distinguished road
I recently got an inflatable chair from Bubble Inflatables as a Christmas gift for someone (non fetish related this time.) The material was so soft, and I was really surprised at how big the chair alone got. I haven't seen it since the initial inflation, but it was nice.

We haven't really expanded past some cheapy storebought inflatables though. Budgetting and all that. =P My favorite inflatable though is our swimline seadragon. Looks like this guy.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2214/5...f7a2955d_b.jpg
(That one isn't ours).

He's just nice for innocent playtime, lounging, and affection though. :3

Hoping to move onto some prettier and longer lasting ones soon.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Inflater of Dolls

Banzure is on a distinguished road
The Puffypaws Vixen is rather... interesting Though I'm mostly into the fantasy of living inflatable girls.
Old 30-03-2013, 07:21 PM

PlugsuitNerd is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Favourite inflatables
i really like beach balls but what i prefer most are ride on whales more particurely the blue ones i adore their kawai eyes when i deflate them
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Fetish Enthusiast(:

inflatable.vixen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PlugsuitNerd View Post
i really like beach balls but what i prefer most are ride on whales more particurely the blue ones i adore their kawai eyes when i deflate them

Have you ever had one of these types? I had a seahorse one like this, but it was so cute I couldn't do anything dirty to it (didnt stop my boyfriend). And it's just so coool looookiiiiiing.

And I have one whale, but I don't like it because of how the tail curves up. It's annoying... I need to find a better one. I have this model..

Cheap walmart ones. I bought them out at the end of summer since the prices were being knocked down. I should have tried to buy the display ones or see if they'd give them free. Wasn't thinking! Dx
Old 20-04-2013, 09:13 AM
PVC inflatable fetishist

Has anyone tried see-through (transparent) glossy PVC inflatable sofas and those transparent inflatable PVC bubble backpacks? I'm a 'non-popper' who has a fetish for PVC inflatables and PVC rainwear. I like the tactile and sensual qualities of transparent soft and heavily plasticised PVC with a shiny/glossy finish. Does anyone, apart from myself, love the noise made by a new glossy or transparent PVC inflatable when it is taken out of its packaging and unfolded for the very first time? The strong aroma of a new PVC inflatable or raincoat is wonderful!