Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Exercise Ball

Just wondering, has anyone ever tried heat stretching an exercise ball?
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: Exercise Ball

Not sure if that would work any better than just blowing it up past its rated size as they're already quite elastic. Let us know if you try it though.
    Vicci x

Comment

• Jkloon
      • Aug 2013

Yeah, I was thinking that, but I really have no idea how it would work. I'll give it a try at some point.

Comment

• snh61
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Vicci
        Not sure if that would work any better than just blowing it up past its rated size as they're already quite elastic. Let us know if you try it though.
        Originally posted by Jkloon
        Yeah, I was thinking that, but I really have no idea how it would work. I'll give it a try at some point.
        As I like to inflate exercise balls a lot and have already tried some: It depends on brand and type. Typically the cheap non-brand ones from Tesco and such are made from a flimsy thin material and these will stretch very well and can be inflated past rated size even using average lung strength. You can inflate some cheap 55cm one to like 75cm, two size ratings bigger.

Sometimes these cheap ones are still so soft inflated at its rated size, they can not be used for any real exercise. From my experience from overinflating these cheap ones and bursting quite some, I would never recommend buying these to be used in an actual exercise! O_o These are really not durable enough.

On the other hand the branded ones, like Ledragomma, Togu, Reebok, etc get really tight and hard when inflated past its rated size. You can get these only like one size bigger (ie. a 55cm ball to 65cm) before they get dangerously tight with some significant pressure inside (like 3PSI or more) - usually when I stop blowing more afraid of a big bang. But from my experience, these quality ones do not explode easily even when that much overinflated and can take a lot of abuse, compared to those cheap flimsy ones. The branded ones rarely explode when overinflated and even bounced on them hard.

I think the most tough ones are Ledragomma Maxafe balls. These get barely past the rated size and can be inflated rock hard (4-5PSI). They will still support your weight in such state without bursting. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎