Old 22-01-2018, 09:29 PM

sonarloon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why don't you pop 'loons?
Simple. Being blind, my ears have more focused ability. I can't confess to trying with ear plugs in, though. That, and the shreds. I'm always so nervous that if I inflate one, it will pop, and I won't be able to pick up the remains. That, and It's usually quite rare I can place orders around here.
Old 23-01-2018, 09:47 PM

b0f0s0f is on a distinguished road
Wow, balloons must be a very interesting sensory experience to have without vision. Makes me want to try playing with them in the dark.
Old 23-01-2018, 11:15 PM
You blow, Ill watch.

Davidblack is on a distinguished road
Too terrified. I was phobic as a child now I guess I am phobic and fetish.

Rare chance for some balloon sex today, he was happy to blow up the balloon in my loose fitting boxers but as he got near 10 of my 11Q, I panicked and told him to stop blowing it. Thankfully he blow something else instead then ;-)

He wouldnt let me video him but I got a good little shot of it in my boxers afterwards...always wanted to do that but assumed o would be able to have him b2p.

Maybe sometime
Old 24-01-2018, 03:56 PM

sonarloon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by b0f0s0f View Post
Wow, balloons must be a very interesting sensory experience to have without vision. Makes me want to try playing with them in the dark.
You totally should. The sensory overloads would probably be amazing.
What's really interesting is that I can sometimes tell a red balloon from a brighter colored balloon. It's very difficult to explain, though red/pink tend to have smoother feeling latex. Don't believe me? try it some time. It's fun.
There are times I enjoy being blind, when I loon is one of them.
The fear of when they go, is not one of those times, however. In the 5 years I've been a looner, only 1 has gone. It was entirely my fault, I had re-used a cheap walmart 12 inch way too many times. In the end, it was more a soft thud than a loud pop. In a few minutes I'm going to find out how enjoyable riding a q24 is for me, anyway.
Take care all!
Old 29-01-2018, 02:21 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Although I love inflating much my balloons, I really can't pop them, I'm phobic about explosion, surley it depends somewhat from my childhood. But there's something strange, when I look at my wife to interact with balloons and she teases me such as she would pop them, I feel a good stuff.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:18 AM

blowhyoooge is on a distinguished road
i am a semipopper. for me its the inflation that is the sexual part, the popping not so much. sometimes a b2p is fun because it's the ultimate inflation (you've blown it so big that it can't be blown any more). most of the time i blow up my balloons while i (ahem) do what i need to do, then i deflate them. if a balloon gets full and i'm not "done" i'll deflate and start again or let it go and grab another. provided i'm paying attention and don't accidentally blow it too big... used to happen to me a lot, but i've learned! lol
Old 09-05-2018, 09:57 PM

StealthDragon is on a distinguished road
I feel like I'm the rare non-popper that was never afraid of the bang. For me, the fun has always been the riding and such and therefore, if the balloon pops, it's over. It was also an economical thing for me in college/grad school. Since I like larger ones and I was a poor student eating lots of ramen (cliche but true) saving them made fiscal sense too. Now that I have a normal income, it's not that imperative to save the larger expensive ones, but I do still find myself adhering to, "waste not want not," much of the time.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StealthDragon View Post
I feel like I'm the rare non-popper that was never afraid of the bang. For me, the fun has always been the riding and such and therefore, if the balloon pops, it's over. It was also an economical thing for me in college/grad school. Since I like larger ones and I was a poor student eating lots of ramen (cliche but true) saving them made fiscal sense too. Now that I have a normal income, it's not that imperative to save the larger expensive ones, but I do still find myself adhering to, "waste not want not," much of the time.
That's a damn good way to live your life. Learn to appreciate what you've got, and waste nothing. It would be like instead of buying meat from the grocery store, eating half of it and throwing the leftovers out, you would go out into the wild, hunt and kill an animal, appreciate it's sacrifice, and waste not a single fiber of meat.

Being broke makes you appreciate every little thing, and I think all the rich, spoiled brats in the world should have to live through this. Hell, I'm unemployed so I have things worse now than you did then!
Old 12-05-2018, 05:57 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
I'm semi-popper - I usually don't pop them for a variety of reasons: It's expensive with the larger balloons which I like, I'm not a huge fan of how loud it can be, and I also like how they tend to get softer and larger with repeated use/time. I do occasionally pop them intentionally however: I don't have a lot of storage space, and have a bad habit of impulsively buying balloons, and simply throwing them in the trash seems like a waste. Alternatively, sometimes I'm just in a mood to pop something :P

With inflatables it's more difficult to categorize: I rarely outright pop inflatables, but I really like riding them down as air hisses from a leak. I'll often poke a small hole (e.g. with a pen), which I later can repair easily - electrical tape works very well, it matches the texture of the vinyl and stretches a bit. I don't think I've ever intentionally caused an irreparable pop, although I have accidentally split seams a couple times by overinflating them a bit too much.

Last edited by OverTheTop; 12-05-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
"I rarely outright pop inflatables,"

A possible way to discard a beachball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYsULdsXQjI