Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Balloon Time

Does anyone else like to use those mini Balloon Time helium tanks? I acquired a leftover one that still had some helium from a banquet I helped set up and it's been tons of fun!

I love inflating the balloons really tight against myself, it feels amazing. Sadly it's running out of helium but I'm thinking about buying another. I love the balloons it comes with also, they get an impressive neck. I've gotten one to have a neck that was about the same length as the body before tying it off.
  • Jim
    • Sep 2012

Re: Balloon Time

I'd feel guilty, having learned that there is a helium shortage.. What about hydrogen? OK bad joke. But you could use a diving tank with normal air.

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

Used one before for my partners birthday, those were some big balloons (though not supposed to be)
      For fun if I don't want to blow, I use a compressor for air tools - picked it up for £40, only £10 more than one of those disposable helium tanks but lasts a lot longer.
      Vicci x

Comment

• cgrocarlos
        • Oct 2011

I want one of those good electric balloon blowers so bad, I use a mattress inflator sometimes though.

They're bad in that they're not real strong so you gotta loosen up the balloon a whole lot, but on the other hand, since air doesn't really enter the balloon anymore when there's lots of pressure, it makes the balloons perfectly huge and then stops inflating right before it explodes. Quite handy

Comment

• heliumsitr68
          • Nov 2021

Those Balloon Time tanks are the only thing I use . I've personally gone through a couple dozen through the years.
          Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• heliumsitr68
            • Nov 2021

I usually just throw the empty tank in a nearby dumpster .

Comment

• AJK64
              • Jun 2018

The tanks are recyclable

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

Yeah, the tanks are recyclable here in the UK. Whenever I go to recycle items (not balloon time cylinders) the cage for gas cylinders of any type, usually has 4 or 5 BalloonTime cylinders in there. They are different ones each time I go.

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                  • Nov 2021

I do recycle them if I have other things to take there.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                    • May 2020

I can only recall ever buying one of those and that was because I didn't have time to get a larger one. I usually just rent one of the 110cf tanks and I'm set for a little while.

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                      • Nov 2021

When I do buy the Balloon Time tanks , I don't bother to waste the helium on the balloons supplied with the kit. Those little things are only good for one purpose in my world ; I'll blow them all up with my pump and nailpop them on my crotch until I get off .

Comment

• Tracy
                        • May 2018

I have no idea what you are talking about ....

But in all seriousness I do use these when I am traveling. They're usually available at Target stores in the USA which means you can get them in pretty much any American town. Pretty much the only advantage, though, is convenience. Disadvantages are: (1) really expensive dollar-to-helium-wise, (2) you can only get a few balloons > 12" inflated, (3) slow to inflate after the first couple, (4) the balloons that come in the kit are absolute crap and (5) I think they use an 80/20 helium/air mix which means the helium price is that much worse.

And then there's one that's personal: the sound of a helium balloon being inflated from a real tank is a big personal thrill (and scare) for me. You don't get that from the Balloon Time tank, at least not after the first balloon or two.

A few years ago I invested in a 60cf aluminum tank (MUCH lighter than steel) and I think with the 4 or 5 refills I have done since then I'm now comfortably ahead in terms of the investment in the tank.

That said? Next time I have a business trip there will probably be a Balloon Time tank keeping me company at the hotel

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                          • Nov 2021

WOW !! The Target stores here usually have the kits in 2 sizes . I usually get the larger "jumbo" version . I typically fill my balloons just until they "stand up" on the filler tube . I then fill them to my desired size with my mouth . I can get approximately 25-30 11" balloons that way . Yes I know that they won't float for long periods of time that way but they usually don't survive long enough for that to be a problem ! :-)

I actually have a real helium tank which was given to me years back that needs to be refilled ,I just haven't had the nerve to actually do it for some reason .
                          Last edited by heliumsitr68; 04-12-2021, 08:17.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍