Old 29-05-2015, 10:03 PM

MattoLooner is on a distinguished road
Default Help on necking balloons
I have a huge problem on getting necks on Qualatex 24 inch balloons, I'm able to inflate them pretty tight and no matter how much I squeeze it, still can't get a nice long neck. I tried even stretching and pre-inflating the neck, had the same result, a light bulb shaped balloon and not the pear shape with the long neck i want.

Anyone has some suggestion on how i can make it come out without popping the balloon?
Old 30-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Jkloon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help on necking balloons
Spend a long time stretching just the neck. I've never had a qualatex before, but that's how I do it with every other balloon. A lot of stretching the neck.
Old 30-05-2015, 10:21 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
For me the neck has always come out on its own on the Q24s before they were full. But I bought mine 4 years ago, so I guess they can have changed in that time. I've also seen people complain about the quality of Qualatex balloons recently.

Anyway, what I do if I want to neck a balloon is ti inflate it at least halfway and sit in it gently while pulling the neck until air is pushed into it. Then I inflate it some more and repeat the process. After doing this a couple of times the neck usually fills up easily. It works better on some balloons than others though, and accidents might happen :P It's difficult to make the neck stay inflated without overinflating the balloon though.
Old 31-05-2015, 03:42 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I have some Q24's I got around X-mas and they neck extremely well... Maybe they dropped the quality?
Old 31-05-2015, 06:05 AM

gayloonfcker is on a distinguished road
I get mine from kaboom when they're actually in stock. They ALWAYS have HUGE necks on them! I hope the quality didn't drop as I haven't gotten any in a couple weeks.
Old 31-05-2015, 12:53 PM

I bought mines a few weeks ago from a local store, i had similar problems before but inflating it halfway and sitting gently on it always worked, with those new batch nothing seems to work. As soon as i get the chance to blow some will share a picture to show what i get. I already popped 2 of them attemping to get the neck out.
Old 31-05-2015, 10:10 PM

gayloonfcker is on a distinguished road
Hmmm must be the store then. As I said I've never had trouble with kaboom balloons.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:48 AM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
That sounds like a bad batch to me.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Digging in my photos I've found some that are very similar to the problem that i have now, so, these pics are about one year old and that balloon is now popped but i remember that i had a lot of problem getting the neck out, and since i wasn't able I inflated it more and then tied as in the pictures.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I'm also thinking about a bad batch, the TufTex that i get from that store have always been good, guess that i have to wait a new batch or pick some online.
Old 15-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Rubberfunn is on a distinguished road
Also got my Q24s from KBI recently and they neck out really big just by overinflating , no squeezing or anything.
I buy the crystal ones as they do seem to inflate bigger , neck out fully and get really tight before they go bang.

Rubberfunn