Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue548
    • Sep 2015

Are girls more fearless than guys?

I've noticed with blow to pops and just blowing up balloons in general that girls seem to me more fearless and outgoing than guys. Do you think this is true? Have you had any experiences with this?
  • LeeRider
    • Nov 2014

Re: Are girls more fearless than guys?

There may be something in that!..in my experience when I was a kid it always seemed to be the girls who did the blowing up, not just balloons but beachballs and lilos/airmats too! I was a bit scared but fascinated and wanted to try it too but they generally would not let me.

However when I reached puberty I had balloon fun with a couple of boys a few years older than me who would really go at it!.....and I started to see just as many teenage boys enjoyed inflation as girls.

Comment

• Katielynn
      Expert Blower
      • May 2012

That's an interesting question Blue. I don't know that girls are more fearless in general. While I don't know if any of my friends actually have a balloon fetish, I can think of a few of my girl friends who would definitely be classed as "poppers" and for whom btp is no big deal. Others are terribly frightened and even when dared have outright refused or said they can't. None of the boys I know would back down from a challenge like that, but I think it tends to be more of a macho thing
      I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by Katielynn
        That's an interesting question Blue. I don't know that girls are more fearless in general. While I don't know if any of my friends actually have a balloon fetish, I can think of a few of my girl friends who would definitely be classed as "poppers" and for whom btp is no big deal. Others are terribly frightened and even when dared have outright refused or said they can't. None of the boys I know would back down from a challenge like that, but I think it tends to be more of a macho thing
        Can you describe in what way the girls were terribly frightened?

I think in general girls are allowed to be scared by society. Boys aren't. So girls can say that they don't want to participate, boys can't.
        So the girls who participate are more fearless than the boys that participate, because some boys actually don't want to take part.
        I don't know your experience Katielynn, but some boys can take part in those events, but are always on the second row and never pop their balloons.

Comment

• AuroraFox
          • Nov 2015

I've noticed that as well. At least in my experience with balloon related activities, mostly at school, it seems that typically the males were the ones that would like to pop normal sized, already inflated balloons, but I can remember that it was nearly always females blowing them up really, really big!

Comment

• Katielynn
            Expert Blower
            • May 2012

Hey! I resemble that remark
            I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Robin
              • Jul 2016

I think you cannot say that in general. But I have some fear of the noise of pooping balloons, so I have to use earplugs that I can do a blow to pop. And at the same time, I know a girl (not my girlfriend) who sometimes blows balloons to pop and does that because its just fun to her.

Comment

• Blue548
                • Sep 2015

Ok cool, do you prefer large or small balloons?

Comment

• 9/11 did Bush
                  • Nov 2016

I can confirm this, since I have an older female cousin who's also into balloons, that is not scared at all of blow to popping a Q24 or any Tuf-Tex balloon and she doesn't wear any ear plugs. In fact, she's not scared of any popping method.

Comment

• LauraLatexandLace
                    • Dec 2016

I'm still rather new to balloons, so fearless, not there yet. Something about an object that big going off underneath. I've had a few accidentals which seem to kill my mood. I do find over inflation and the risk of bursting sends me though.

Comment

• LauraLatexandLace
                      • Dec 2016

In my experience no. We were all a timid bunch. It was left to the boys in the family. My big brother would burst birthday balloons with his scissors as close to our faces as he could. Personally, I'd rather climb inside one than hear them go off. Getting purposely inflated inside one near its limits would be more daring I think.

Comment

• Claire123
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Blue548
                        I've noticed with blow to pops and just blowing up balloons in general that girls seem to me more fearless and outgoing than guys. Do you think this is true? Have you had any experiences with this?
                        In my experience guys are usually the fearless ones. I think I'm usually an exception

I just adore doing blow to pops.

Comment

• ChillinHaze
                          • Sep 2016

I am a non-popper but not because I'm phobic.
                          There were situations were I had to pop balloons and I did it without trouble even if it was annoying for me. Just such a waste in my opinion. ^^'

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                            • Jul 2017

I like blowing to pop, and popping in other methods. I think girls may not be as "fearless" but rather more "teasing" when they pop. At least that's my observation. WE will blow and tease, then eventually make each other scream! LOL

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎