Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

Softest balloons that were durable

We've all had big and small balloons that just pop.
    I am wondering what's the softest and most durable balloons you've played with, and are they still sold? Multiple responses are welcome, everyone please weigh in on this.
    Washington State, United States
  • LeeRider
    • Nov 2014

Re: Softest balloons that were durable

Tilly balloons are pretty soft and durable. They have started making them again, you have to go to their website Tilly High Performance Polymers....I think they have the 'workers', 'slim jims' and 20" rounds on ebay.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

The bigger Cattex balloons are quite soft and durable. Tuf-Tex also gets quite soft after an inflation or two.

Comment

• lilolover82
        • Mar 2014

Do they hold up to the stress of riding them.

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

I don't have a lot of experience with round Cattex balloons, but the GLs seems really strong.
          Tuf-Tex are known to be one of the strongest brands (as long as they're not too old). The 17" gets really soft after multiple inflations. I'm often too tempted to overinflate them as they can get huge, thus making the pop a lot easier. The 24" don't get that soft from my experience, but they're really tough. I've heard really good things about their 36" too, but I haven't had the chance to try one yet.
          I guess it's worth mentioning Qualatex as well. Their 36" starts off really tight, but after multiple inflations they also get quite soft. They're overall very durable too.

Comment

• lilolover82
            • Mar 2014

What I am looking for is the ability to feel the smooth softness when on them, ride them, then ride them down while deflating. I am wanting to avoid popping, as I am not a popper, unless the balloon is far too gone, or has sprung a leak and is already slowly deflating on it's own before I'd find it while out around town.

Comment

• Jkloon
              • Aug 2013

qualatex cloudbusters and party city 36" seem to be the softest and strongest i've found other than whats listed above, just don't try necking the 36" or they will pop.

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Softest loons I've got currently would be Cattex rounds and Cloudburster's. But I always deliberately under inflate them just purely because I like soft, squishy balloons to ride.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                  • Dec 2013

Another vouch for Cattex, strong, durable, and reliable. I still have a GL500 from 2013 that's survived countless inflations

Comment

• someloonerguy
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Jkloon
                    qualatex cloudbusters and party city 36" seem to be the softest and strongest i've found other than whats listed above, just don't try necking the 36" or they will pop.
                    The Party Cities around me have stopped carrying 36" balloons in store. They have, however, started carrying the 24" Amscan balloons and, while they're rated for 24", they do get much larger than that. I've slowly been stretching one out and it's sitting at 32" and very soft right now. I had it up to 36" and left it sealed with a clip for an hour or so and it didn't burst. Once the 32" inflation gets much softer I'm going to try for 36" and see if it holds. If it does, once I get a chance, going to put it on the pump and see how big it gets before bursting. I'm hoping to get it to be twice it's rated size.

So, for the purposes of this thread, go with the Amscan 24" at Party City. They're really soft after a few inflations and stretch extremely well, perfect for handling weight. Though I would be wary of some of them, their only real downside is there are some quality issues- Areas that look like weak spots are quite common, actual weak spots aren't too uncommon, so inspect them carefully.

Comment

• lilolover82
                      • Mar 2014

Remember I am not a popper of balloons or inflatables unless they're far too gone. I want them to last while I ride them and get aroused.

Comment

• Jkloon
                        • Aug 2013

I had the neck rip off of a 24"party city whilst stretching it, so I decided to tape what was left to my pump and see how big it could get. First inflation, it popped at ~50"

Comment

• lilolover82
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Jkloon
                          I had the neck rip off of a 24"party city whilst stretching it, so I decided to tape what was left to my pump and see how big it could get. First inflation, it popped at ~50"
                          That's a lot of stretch, how soft did it get, and were there weak spots in it?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍