Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tkvinyl
    • Feb 2014

another used leaky beach ball *yay*

Got a beach ball of eBay again that had a couple leaks in it. The seller clearly knew about the leaks and did not disclose in the description. The picture shows the ball is not fully inflated, it is not tight like a fully inflated ball should be. It looked like it had lost air even in the picture, it was barely even round.

When I first inflated it and could hear the hissing sound, I was so excited. I love it when they come to me already leaky. What a pleasant surprise!

I wish more people would sell used leaky beach balls on eBay or somewhere as opposed to throwing them away. They have a home with the right person.

It doesn't happen very often, but I have found flat beach balls in the street, or places while walking and been able to tape them up so they held air. There needs to be a market place for used beach balls and pool toys. Even the damaged ones have value!
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Re: another used leaky beach ball *yay*

How damaged are we talking? Just leaky, or popped? Cuz I've got a Lil whale ride on from Intex that I've popped so it's almost in half. Also, I have an Intex dog from 2009 that I loved so much until it popped. I've got it holding air, but it still leaks I can't bring myself to throw it out.

Comment

• smotherbrats
      • Sep 2014

I have a question, we produce beach ball clips.....and we throw alway are beach balls that are no longer able to hold air.....is there a market for our used beach balls?????? LOL......please let me know -shay
      Smother Brats
      Email: smotherbrats@yahoo.com
      Phone: 260-407-5037
      clips4sale.com/studio/83493

Comment

• tkvinyl
        • Feb 2014

shay: YES there is a market for them. It would be a dream to buy a popped beach ball size range 16" to 30" (40cm - 70cm) that are signed by the model that popped it. Also swim tubes popped and signed. I would buy a bundle: the video, and the signed balls. Balls that are damaged but still can be tapped back up are the best. Even a seam blow out can be tapped. I love seam blow outs. I have seem model signed beach balls on eBay from a place called modelzone, however, some of their models are not that attractive, and the beach balls are way too big. I did get large beach ball from then one time on eBay, the girl that signed it was good looking and she had poked several holes in it. But the ball is too big to play with so I just store it with my collectable inflatables.

To answer your question, there is a market, it exists now, but such items are difficult to come by. Cigarette burned beach balls, bounce to pop, and bite to pop are all great. What is bad is balls tore clear in half or shreds, those have no value.

sexy girl (skinny or a little pudgy) with a pretty face playing with and popping beach balls and then getting all the used beach balls with the video! That is exciting.
        Last edited by tkvinyl; 16-09-2014, 16:43.

Comment

• tkvinyl
          • Feb 2014

Jkloon: I am a little picky on what i like in inflatables. Also, my wife gets after me if I get too many, or buy ones that are too large. I like beach balls the most size range 16" to 30" (40cm - 70cm). It is sexy to me if they were previously owned by a female, however, I like any used beach ball. I can fix beach balls and make them hold air that others would say are ruined. I have patched seam blow outs over 4". I have some balls with multiple seam blow outs that I patch. They leak but will hold air long enough to play with. I love trying to save them and keep them holding air. But when a seam blow out goes from end to end there is no way to patch that. Massive seam blow out, or shredded balls go in the rubbish bin.

The thing with me is, I don't like to pop or ruin my inflatables on purpose. My wife attacks them during foreplay. Also, I get rough with them and they blow out or get holes from being played with. Accidental leaks, leaks due to hard use, and seam blow outs. My wife quit smoking several years ago so I don't get cigarette burned balls anymore. I used to love it when she burned holes in them.

When I buy a used beach ball and it has a leak, it is the best possible deal.

Sometimes I find beach balls out and about. I found one in the street one time, a 24" Intex brand ball that had been ran over by cars. I still have it. It holds air but leaks. If I sit on it, it will go flat in about 10 minutes. I will never throw it away, it is one of my favorites.
          Last edited by tkvinyl; 16-09-2014, 16:40.

Comment

• smotherbrats
            • Sep 2014

tkvinyl - Thanks....I will definitely be using all your knowledge in my future clips
            Smother Brats
            Email: smotherbrats@yahoo.com
            Phone: 260-407-5037
            clips4sale.com/studio/83493

Comment

• Vicci
              Blown to bits
              • Oct 2009

tkvinyl - it's a shame that shipping from the UK to the US is so expensive, one of my 48" beach balls split at the seam by about 2 inches last night when I was blowing it up, and I've got a couple of others lying around with various leaks.
              I wonder if there's a market for them in the UK...
              Vicci x

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍