Waterwings (floaties), were they your first love?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freetofloat
    • Jan 2018

Waterwings (floaties), were they your first love?

I had a flashback to early youth.

I remember the mere sight of those puffy orange bulges around upper arm, caused an unusual stirring in pit of stomach I couldn't understand, when we'd go to the beach. My friend and I would blow up hers tightly and festoon arms and legs, resembling two lobsters. Dont know what was better their fat puffiness, or that divine orange /reddy colour.

A non swimmer, I didnt know true heaven till we had opportunity to try them at the pond, floating in deep water with our families.
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Re: Waterwings (floaties), were they your first love?

For me they were not, I have never worn them, not even as a child. I would imagine the feeling would be somewhat pleasant though. My "first love" was a bright red balloon (that I barely remember, I was in pre-school at the time), oh that balloon got me into this whole mess. I am different to most, if not all, other looners.

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Not sure if anyone’s aware, but Go Floates have a range of giant waterwings currently on sale measuring up at nine by nine inches in a range of colours from traditional orange, to gloss red with a life guard logo on them, or the American Stars and Stripes.

Comment

• freetofloat
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by craggy2012
        Not sure if anyone’s aware, but Go Floates have a range of giant waterwings currently on sale measuring up at nine by nine inches in a range of colours from traditional orange, to gloss red with a life guard logo on them, or the American Stars and Stripes.
        __________________________________________________ ___

OMG they're very nice, Floaties adult size! Like being able to revisit my childhood all over again. The red are very nice too.
        They would support legs as well as arms -- no air mattress needed.

Time to do some shopping.

Thanks a million!
        Last edited by freetofloat; 15-01-2018, 05:14. Reason: addition

Comment

• freetofloat
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by loonerdude44
          For me they were not, I have never worn them, not even as a child. I would imagine the feeling would be somewhat pleasant though. My "first love" was a bright red balloon (that I barely remember, I was in pre-school at the time), oh that balloon got me into this whole mess. I am different to most, if not all, other looners.

Once the parents came in after bath time as I lay on my towel on the bedroom floor, and asked why I was so exhausted and chest red. The dolphin got a workout that evening after cartoons, I can tell you.

But I can relate to the balloon somewhat, for a time I tried a sturdy beach ball just after preschool. And wondered if balloons/balls would offer a new and different sensation.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎