What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Originally posted by Katielynn
    Wow Vicci, that's impressive! Did she do it with a pump or did you have to wait for her to blow it that big by mouth?
    Not sure - it was at a drive-thru and she did it out of sight of the window. I didn't hear anything (like a pump whirring), but it was quite noisy anyway, so not sure if I would have heard it anyway.

Might be able to tell if I ever find the bits of the balloon - you can usually tell if it has been damp from being mouth inflated.
    Vicci x

Comment

• heleo
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Vicci
      Seems there's still people out there who like to try their luck, the young lady on the krispy kreme drive-thru last night blew this one up when I asked for a balloon "for my daughter".
      She even asked if it was big enough, I was quite tempted to say no.
      Hi,
      My account won't let me see that pictrure, could this be fixed?
      Thanks

Comment

• Jkloon
        • Aug 2013

I once pump popped a party city 24" after the neck ripped off while I was stretching it. It popped at around 45 inches

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

I hosted a booth at a corporate event/trade show. We had a bunch of trinkets to give out, balloons among them. This thread popped into my head as I was helping to decorate and I aimed to over inflate the helium balloons by as much as I could without bursting them. I definitely made my colleague nervous!

But the most fun was during the actual event. Most of the pile of balloons we had went untouched but occasionally someone would grab one or a handful of them. Finally a pretty cute guy came up and kind of hesitated before grabbing one. I gave him a little wink and said "you want me to blow that for you hon?" He declined politely before I responded, "Aw, that's too bad. I can get them really big!" He looked at me skeptically for a second before he handed it back to me. "Well, if you really want to I guess."

I spent the next minute or so blowing it up by mouth, trying to get it as big as I could, deep breath after deep breath. As the neck began to form the gentleman plugged his ears, preparing for the inevitable pop. I pulled the balloon from my lips , gave him another flirty wink and told him not to worry, I knew what I was doing. I then put the balloon back to my lips and put another three breaths into the expanding orb (all the while thinking, please let me be right and don't let this sucker pop!). Finally, when it was rock hard and even I was scared it would burst, I deflated it a little so I could work the neck and handed him one of the most over inflated balloons I'd ever created (without the intention of blowing to pop).

I had a few other similar interactions where I blew up balloons for people, but nothing quite so dramatic.
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Katielynn
            I hosted a booth at a corporate event/trade show. We had a bunch of trinkets to give out, balloons among them. This thread popped into my head as I was helping to decorate and I aimed to over inflate the helium balloons by as much as I could without bursting them. I definitely made my colleague nervous!

But the most fun was during the actual event. Most of the pile of balloons we had went untouched but occasionally someone would grab one or a handful of them. Finally a pretty cute guy came up and kind of hesitated before grabbing one. I gave him a little wink and said "you want me to blow that for you hon?" He declined politely before I responded, "Aw, that's too bad. I can get them really big!" He looked at me skeptically for a second before he handed it back to me. "Well, if you really want to I guess."

I spent the next minute or so blowing it up by mouth, trying to get it as big as I could, deep breath after deep breath. As the neck began to form the gentleman plugged his ears, preparing for the inevitable pop. I pulled the balloon from my lips , gave him another flirty wink and told him not to worry, I knew what I was doing. I then put the balloon back to my lips and put another three breaths into the expanding orb (all the while thinking, please let me be right and don't let this sucker pop!). Finally, when it was rock hard and even I was scared it would burst, I deflated it a little so I could work the neck and handed him one of the most over inflated balloons I'd ever created (without the intention of blowing to pop).

I had a few other similar interactions where I blew up balloons for people, but nothing quite so dramatic.
            Now that's a sight I would never forget if I were in his shoes

Comment

• Katielynn
              Expert Blower
              • May 2012

Originally posted by lyckr
              Now that's a sight I would never forget if I were in his shoes
              Yeah, not to be too full of myself, but I may have added to the looner ranks that day.
              I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Pretty much all my balloons i play with are over inflated as i am a semi/popper popper. But i happen to be only 5'8" & weigh less than 130 pounds so most my balloons i get rough with can usually take the punishment...& believe me i put em through hell... i love my TT-17s as well as 24s being that i can get quite a few reuses despite over inflating them 99.9% of the time...but when it comes to Cattexes....those GLs,dolls or giant rounds...those mothers last me for years as they are so resistant to my small athletic frame....though im down to only 7 of my crystal teal Q-24s....i popped one the other day shortly after over inflating it at my electric pump. I started hugging & squeezing & KABLAM! ....sigh....i gotta be more careful & ration those...What am i gonna do when i eventually pop em all !? I know ill never find them again! I ordered them back in 2013! sob.....

Comment

• gayloonfcker
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                  Pretty much all my balloons i play with are over inflated as i am a semi/popper popper. But i happen to be only 5'8" & weigh less than 130 pounds so most my balloons i get rough with can usually take the punishment...& believe me i put em through hell... i love my TT-17s as well as 24s being that i can get quite a few reuses despite over inflating them 99.9% of the time...but when it comes to Cattexes....those GLs,dolls or giant rounds...those mothers last me for years as they are so resistant to my small athletic frame....though im down to only 7 of my crystal teal Q-24s....i popped one the other day shortly after over inflating it at my electric pump. I started hugging & squeezing & KABLAM! ....sigh....i gotta be more careful & ration those...What am i gonna do when i eventually pop em all !? I know ill never find them again! I ordered them back in 2013! sob.....
                  Hope you don't mind this coming from a gay guy but damn you sound like you'd be so hot playing with balloons. Athletic and all.

Comment

• bigjohnl
                    • Mar 2017

I had a 6' weather balloon, and blew it up with my girlfriend, with a pump. She went a little too far and it popped. Actually, the bang wasn't that loud. But she sure jumped!

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I.......LOOOOOVVVE over inflated weather balloons....is there anything better? When they finally do go its with a great, big, poofy WUMPH!!! :-D sigh!

Comment

• Vicci
                        Blown to bits
                        • Oct 2009

My favourite girl was on the drive-thru again last night

Turns out she doesn't use the pump - I said to her "blimey, did the pump get a bit carried away?" she responded with "I don't use the pump, they always pop on there"
                        Attached Files
                        Vicci x

Comment

• wildheart
                          • Apr 2015

Turns out she doesn't use the pump - I said to her "blimey, did the pump get a bit carried away?" she responded with "I don't use the pump, they always pop on there"
                          Wow it was no accident then. She must know what's she's doing.
                          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• amac
                            • Mar 2017

This branch doesn't happen to be in London does it? I have been to Krispy Kreme before and seen quite a lot of inflation some pretty big but not quite as big as that and mostly on the pump. I haven't been for some time as the last thing my waistline needs is Krispy Kreme doughnuts a week's worth of saturate fat and sugar in one handy Bitesize container)

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

Wow, that's really impressive - usually advertising balloons like those are really cheap and pop easily, but that's one of the best necks I've seen on a tied-off balloon!

Comment

• Vicci
                                Blown to bits
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by amac
                                This branch doesn't happen to be in London does it? I have been to Krispy Kreme before and seen quite a lot of inflation some pretty big but not quite as big as that and mostly on the pump. I haven't been for some time as the last thing my waistline needs is Krispy Kreme doughnuts a week's worth of saturate fat and sugar in one handy Bitesize container)
                                No, although a few years ago I used to get some good big ones from the one at New Malden. I only go for a coffee when I'm passing - it's either there or mcdonald's at 1am, so no waistline worries.
                                Vicci x

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍