Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

how do you neck balloons??

Im absolutely terrified of necking balloons how do I do it?
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: how do you neck balloons??

I can reply you as a non-popper. Usually when I start inflating, after the first blow i strecth the neck, I push the air until neck then I continue blowing, it makes the balloon necking easier when you slowly strecth the neck again.
    Obliviosly it doesn't work with all the balloons kinds.
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Ilooner
      • Oct 2018

You can block the bulb of the balloon and inflate the neck only, do this couple of times and than continue to inflate the balloon

Comment

• LoonerHans
        • Oct 2018

Yep it's scary since we have a common notion that to neck a balloon you need to overinflate it which is near to impossible for non poppers like us. I just can't muster up enough courage to overinflate them but found the trick to neck balloons without the fear of bursting it. As Ilooner said, blocking the front end of the balloon and inflating just the neck can make a nice neck but some balloons don't seem to get necked and all those air in the neck whooshes into the bulb area.

I recommend inflating the balloon to less than medium size, start pulling the mouthpiece and blow again. Again inflate some and pull the mouthpiece. Repeated pulling will produce a beautiful neck and then inflate them upto your desired size. If you are aware of the Indian sideways blowing, you can get neck on balloons very easily.

Hope it helped

Regards
        NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• Seasider
          • Jan 2016

I am a non popper and the best way I’ve got to the point of necking balloons is to buy belbal 14 inch balloons. In my experience they neck easily and have a very low failure rate - I buy mine from balloons united!

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Seasider
            I am a non popper and the best way I’ve got to the point of necking balloons is to buy belbal 14 inch balloons. In my experience they neck easily and have a very low failure rate - I buy mine from balloons united!
            Was going to recommend them myself. They get huge necks easily. Especially when pre stretched.
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seasider
              • Jan 2016

I just blew up this belbal 14 on my electric pump and although I am a massive non popper I felt confident with this neck ( in the attached picture). It was easy to achieve and tie off. If I wasn’t tying it off I reckon is still had a bit in it. Belbal are the best if you don’t like popping but love necks!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                • Nov 2018

In addition to good balloon skills (pre-inflating the neck and holding the bulb), it helps to pick the right balloon. The key is a good quality balloon with a neck that is almost as wide as the bulb. Most 3 foot balloons fail that test (especially the Qtex ones), but the bulbul 14" and most 12" meet that test. So does the gl 500, tuftex 17" and so on. For a really huge neck on a huge balloon, try the 32" longneck balloons from balloons-united or loonerworld. Balloons-united even has a video on how to inflate it. Easy to do and a really safe balloon for non poppers.

It took me years to work up the courage and trust to regularly neck balloons, but now I do it regularly. The attached photo shows a BSA 17" neck.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SusieDK
                  • Dec 2017

Hi there,

Actually it is very easy. Just keep blowing until the neck is full.

I know this is kind of an arrogant answer, but for most good quality balloons it is the simple truth. As already mentioned the Belbal 14” balloons are extremely reliable, and they also provide quite some safety margin: when the neck is completely full up to the mouthpiece, the balloon will still take at least 6 more big blows.

I probably do not blow as big blows as some of the guys in here, - I need to blow about 20 blows to fill a 14” Belbal up to the mouthpiece (plus at least another 6 to make it pop).

Oh, one more thing about Belbal balloons: They often have weak-colored spots - mainly around the far end (opposite the nozzle). This only affects the color and doesn’t mean it is a weak balloon.

The Tuftex 14”ers are just as reliable and get quite some bigger, - and much softer than the Belbals. The neck is a little different, but just as nice. The ‘safety margin’ is even bigger than with the Belbals.

Of course you can use bigger balloons as well, both Tuftex 17” and Qualatex 16” are reliable and only very rarely pop before the neck is full - and after lots of ‘extra’ blowing. You can help the neck forming by pulling the nozzle a little when the balloon is getting big, but it isn’t necessary. Both of these balloons also provide a considerable ‘safety margin’ - much more than the 14”ers.

The trouble with making a neck is much more a mental thing. Balloons can get much bigger than most people think, and it is easy to imagine that the balloon is just about to pop, even though it is by far not the case. You have to trust that the balloon will not pop, but the truth is that the good quality balloons I mentioned above will easily take it.

You don’t have to take my word for it btw; just try it out and you will know I am telling the truth.

Good luck and have fun
                  Susie

PS. Punch balls are somewhat different. To be able to securely make the neck form you have to preinflate the neck a couple of times before you start blowing up the balloon. Even then you might have some pop on you.
                  Last edited by SusieDK; 10-12-2018, 14:57. Reason: Correcting spelling mistakes.

Comment

• LoudPop
                    • Sep 2018

I've always found punchball balloons to be more dangerous and pop back toward my face compared to normal balloons when BTPing.

Comment

• balloons
                      Balloon fun
                      • Apr 2017

keep blowing

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                        • Jul 2017

Like Susie, I like to blow my balloons tightly to make he neck form. To me, doing it by other way is cheating! But that's just me!

Comment

• srob2
                          • Dec 2017

If you can, b2p one and you will see how big that kind can get. You won't be scared of the others popping until they are that big.

If thats too scary, blow one up as big as you can, tie it and step on it. You don't even need to pop it - just step enough to see how much more it stretches than you think.

Comment

• Whoopsapopperlips
                            • Jan 2019

Unroll the neck a bit if possible.
                            On 36" you can add up to an inch of uninflated neck length.
                            Then inflate just the neck, deflate, and reinflate the neck again. Clip and leave inflated for a period of time, an hour, a day, whatever.
                            This lowers the amount of pressure needed to inflate the neck when you actually inflate the whole balloon.
                            Does not always guarantee a neck, but makes it more likely.
                            Have got decent necks on Qtex 36 inch this way (anyone notice that they have much longer necks than they had a few years ago?).

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                              Yes! They get enormous necks!
                              Could you post a picture if you have one? I've been curious about the Q36 for a while but they're not cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎