How many loons do you keep inflated at any given time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

How many loons do you keep inflated at any given time?

I only keep 2 24 inchers in my closet due to living situations. Ideally i would love to have a room full
  • Casey88
    lukmanrewa
    • Jun 2012

Re: How many loons do you keep inflated at any given time?

1 Q16 which lasts for 3 months. I usually re-inflate them during this period upto a certain number of times before disposing it off.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

Usually none. I'm too paranoid that one will spontaneously pop while I have guests. I've had a few around in the past and two of them popped out of nowhere (a Q16 and a 32" Cattex), neither of which were overinflated.

Comment

• palloncino90
        • Jan 2018

Sorry for my last reply, my mistake, I was wrong with the meaning of the thread so I deleted the reply.
        Usually 0, we always deflate the balloons after the session, we don't want be caught by guests and get questions although isn't a problem, we just avoid.
        I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Popper12345
          • Jun 2018

Same i just do sessions of balloon popping and then cleanup afterwards

Comment

• john1bl
            • Jan 2014

I have about 6 or 7 17 inch inflated most of the time.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Depends....right now I have an orange geo blossom & a blue geo donut blown up sitting by my bookcase. Sometimes I'll have a couple TT-24s rolling around my carpet for weeks....one time I had a big blue Cattex doll standing around for ages that just refused to pop! She finally gave in after weeks of playing.
              But there are other times I'll have a complete balloon room that I'll enjoy for at least a few days...it varies....

Comment

• Seidenki
                • Dec 2016

It varies for me, too. I might have months with none, and then over a few weeks put up half-dozen. Currently, I have two Tuf-Tex crystal 14"s taped to a bookshelf for some more colour in the room. I think they've been there about 6 weeks. I had a 24" elsewhere, but they like to burst prematurely, I discovered :-(.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Yeah, I should also add that I go through phases like Seidenki where sometimes I will go weeks or months without having any balloons present in my room at all....but that's rare

Comment

• SusieDK
                    • Dec 2017

Hi there,

I have inflated balloons around whenever they serve a ‘natural’ purpose like decorating for a party (almost entirely New Years Eve).
                    Apart from this I hardly ever tie up a balloon. I just cannot resist to test if it can take a little extra - and then a little extra again etc. etc. I guess we all knows how that ends

I clean up very carefully after each session. However balloon shreds seem to have a talent for hiding during cleanup only to show up in the most unexpected - and often inconvenient - places. I always wondered how this can be. I clean up with almost extreme care, and then suddenly a shred shows up at the middle of the floor, on the bed or a table - places where I could not possible have overlooked it. It is almost like kind of magic. However it is a bit off topic in this posting; I just got carried away, sorry ...
                    I hardly ever have inflated balloons around.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
                    susie

Comment

• drumrd
                      • Dec 2013

I seldom have blown up balloons around for a while, i tend to clear them away after playing...

But it has also to do with my current living situation, i have cats around (though hanging balloons from the ceiling shouldn't be a problem), and still live with my ex (looking for a place for my own now, but don't feel the need to have in this situation balloons around).

Slightly different topic, but I rented a couple of times a vacation house, which was filled with balloons during the time i stayed there.
                      Last edited by drumrd; 08-07-2018, 06:57. Reason: more info.

Comment

• JOhara
                        • Jul 2015

I echo others living situations preventing them for keeping balloons inflated. I recently had multiple days to myself and I bought a bouquet of helium filled 12 inch balloons which were tied off normally. Most of the time I hold them shut with binder clips or similar because, like others have said, I unclip and add a wee bit more air every so often...

Comment

• OverTheTop
                          • Dec 2013

I usually don't keep any around, but when I have the place to myself for a few days I often keep as many as I can reasonably fit in my room inflated. It feels nice to have that freedom, and can be fun to just spontaneously grab and start playing with an inflated balloon.

Comment

• LoudPopper
                            • Jan 2016

Sorry for the long post like usual from me, but this question brings up an interesting background behind my balloon habits that I thought I'd share. Thanks in advance for putting up with my super-long posts, lol!

In my old house, when I had more space with a third bedroom, my wife came up with the idea that I should turn it into a home office. We had only lived with each other for 2 years by then, so we weren't used to each other's living habits by then-- including the fact that I loved having balloons around me. But she was so accepting of my balloon fetish, when she started noting that the spare bedroom (specifically bc it had a bed where I could comfortably STP/ride etc) became filled to the brim with balloons regularly, we came to an agreement. It was actually her idea, because she actively encourages me to enjoy my balloons even when she's not around bc she knows it's important part of my happiness. We agreed to turn my office into the designated balloon room and I could just use our air mattress in there for a soft surface. At that point I would regularly keep the room filled with about 150-200 balloons from 9"/12" (half-tied so that I could easily quickly squeeze pop or BTP them at any time), but mostly with 16/17"ers and a few Workers, GL500's and 36" balloons. If I needed the office to study/write/ or do patient notes/research (I'm a doctor and researcher) I would have one massive loon session to clear it out. But otherwise the room would stay regularly filled, bc I would always replace whatever I popped during a session with more balloons. What was so great is that I was able to have 3-5 loon sessions per week (it's exhausting to aggressively play/pop 200 balloons at a time), and if I wanted to just go lay down and relax in a room filled with loons, I could whenever I felt like it.

Now we live in a new house with less space. For a while I used the second bedroom as my loon room, but my wife wasn't a fan bc she wanted to convert it to our future son's bedroom and didn't want random shards around the room. We couldn't use the third room, bc it was so small and we put a treadmill in it. So my wife initially agreed to allow me to use our bedroom for any sessions. Eventually I lost interest in having to completely clean up every time, so I was having fewer and fewer sessions per month. For a while I just chose to go to my local park that stayed open in the evenings and just BTP, squeeze, and STP balloons outdoors when nobody was around. Which I actually highly recommend for poppers because popping balloons along side one massive surface (like a brick wall or basketball court) makes for a MARVELOUSLY loud and echoing bang. However nowadays, I don't always feel like leaving my wife alone at night on the regular just to go pop balloons by myself so I was running out of ideas.

That's when I realized that our new house has a massive 4 car garage. Even with my wife's car parked in there and my car parked in an adjacent sectioned-off area of the garage I still have TONS of space all along and didn't recognize it this whole time! I swept out the whole area, but still was having random pops almost immediately if a balloon touched the ground. So I have to lay down a big plastic surface, about 20'x20' (or 6 m x 6 m for my friends not living in the states) like a big plastic painting drop cloth so that the hard concrete, dust, random objects and irregularities in the ground won't cause spontaneous pops, but otherwise I'm golden. They're super cheap, like $10 for 3 of them. Plus when I'm done popping loons after a few days/weeks, I just pull the cloth up from the ground where all the shards are, and there's virtually no clean-up! I keep far less loons, only 30-40 loons inflated in there at a time, which I can easily go through in one session not even counting what I BTP or use my inflater to pop on. It's defiinitely a less free envrironment from my old house and personal balloon room, where in those 2 years we lived there, I popped nearly 1500 to 2000 balloons each year. But in my new space I've developed some new habits. I've been able leave my electric inflator out there along with some chairs and a small table. Lately, although I still enjoy a small (for my preferences) cluster of 30 or so loons lying around, I've just been going out there whenever the mood strikes me on a daily basis and using my inflator to pop or BTP/STP with some squeezing/STPing others. I'm the type of person who loves loons so much that I have to pop balloons almost everyday to feel "satisfied". In the last 2 weeks since I've discovered this space, my regular balloon popping rate has happily increase to a much more satiating levels. It's not the huge amounts like at my old house, but I've definitely popped up to a 100-150 since the change.

Eventually I'll just get a huge roll of artificial grass to permanently lay down in the huge garage space like they use in the Italoon movies. When I do that, I'll keep more loons around for longer times. I learned it's an excellent surface to keep inflated balloons safe from accidental pops especially given how easy just setting a loon on the ground can cause it to explode when I don't want it to, unless I have the drop cloth down (that's why the Italoon produces uses one in his movies, where he converts his personal cabin into a film studio, and can have massive balloon sets with 100's of loons at once). I'll have to rope off the area to keep the loons in place but that's when I'll probably fill the garage back up with 100's at once.

The only problem, a little annoying but funny at the same time, that I usually run into is my neighbors. There's so much space and a lot of empty hard surface in the garage that a single pop makes a MASSIVE BANG and echo. So much so, that I've scared my neighbors (whom I'm good friends with but I don't allow to ever enter my garage) a few times. One time, my one neighbor was like "You scared the hell out of me last night!" I asked why, and she was like, "I was getting out of my car and I thought a gunshot went off in your garage! Then I heard it another time, and just sprinted into my house! I didn't know if you were in there or a robbery was going on in the neighborhood!" I was so embarrassed. Another time, my neighbor across the street called my cell in the middle of a session because he wanted to warn me that he thought people were trying to break into my garage. I try to be considerate and only pop when they're not outside during the day, or I'll just pop at night. But I've already come up with excuses like that I'm using an air compressor and nail gun (because I do use the garage for personal projects at times), and they've completely bought it. Also, I've also taken to warning my neighbors if they're outside already that I'm about to go use my "nail gun" so don't mind the noise coming from my garage.

Comment

• LoudPopper
                              • Jan 2016

Hey everyone, I thought I'd post some pics of everything I was talking about. You can see the loons that I sometimes leave in my new garage space with my inflator setup in the background. Then I posted 4 aftermath photos of my old house balloon room. This was after a 200 balloon session, and I probably kept the room inflated for 1-2 weeks prior. So you're looking at shards from nearly +500 balloons in 1 room! What's crazy is I didn't post the last of the aftermath pics where I show all the random places that shards ended up after 2 weeks worth of popping. Pieces were literally stuck to the ceiling, a pearlized loon I BTP'd completely shredded and covered my TV with tons of tiny shards, they were sticking too windows, hanging off of the window sills, and stuck in the curtains from times that I BTP or used the inflator. It was actually kinda hilarious. Lemme know if the pics uploaded!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍