Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helium Lover
    • Aug 2017

Helium balloons are better

Is it just me or do helium filled balloons look different? Like I prefer helium balloons over air filled ones. I think they are more appealing to me. It is also more fun to play with.
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Re: Helium balloons are better

Well helium is rediciusly expensive here in Denmark, but it is definitialy something i would like to try.
    I have dreamt for years of having an endless suply of balloons and helium. Enough to be able to float off.
    But it has just ben that since i can not afford it..
    A big turn on for me is to be carried by a balloon.
    The only way i has been able to do that is floating on a GL1200 balloon on a lake. I have desribed that in a thread called that on this site.
    It's not flying, but it's the closets thing to flying i have experienced

Comment

• Heliumlooner
      • Feb 2017

It's not just you. For me helium is like 80% of the fun.

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by Helium Lover
        Is it just me or do helium filled balloons look different? Like I prefer helium balloons over air filled ones. I think they are more appealing to me. It is also more fun to play with.
        As I love both air and helium filled balloons, I have to admit that I've always been obsessed with helium filled balloons going all the way back to when I was a child and I still am today. There's just something about them. Its almost like they come to life when they get filled with helium. The way they bounce around and all on a ribbon or string like they do. I just love to feel the pull they have, especially the bigger ones. Just hearing the sound of helium rushing into a balloon as its getting filled drives me insane lol. So yeah, with that being said, I definitely prefer helium filled over air filled balloons

Comment

• stormbubble
          • Nov 2017

I think they smell better!

Comment

• Dude1234
            • Sep 2017

Helium is definetly better something about the way it floats don't know why it makes loons ten times better

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
              • Nov 2018

I've both rented helium tanks and purchased the disposable ones. The disposable tank is a REALLY expensive way to buy helium, but convenient. I've got a partially filled one in the basement now. I typically use this tank for 14 inch balloons or an occasional 17 inch. I will add a few breaths of air to make the balloons bigger and stretch out the helium.

The rental tank is a bit insane. I like to empty them because the party store typically starts charging extra after 3 or 4 days. So, it is a flurry of activity. I will inflate big balloons, ranging from 16 inch to 36 inch, for a few days and then have helium balloons bouncing around for days. I have also played a bit with inflating non-round balloons (they don't float as long) or stuffing a balloon within a balloon.

All good fun and nice change from air filled balloons. Like others, I don't do this often. I've always been jealous of Looners who own their helium tank.

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                I've both rented helium tanks and purchased the disposable ones. The disposable tank is a REALLY expensive way to buy helium, but convenient. I've got a partially filled one in the basement now. I typically use this tank for 14 inch balloons or an occasional 17 inch. I will add a few breaths of air to make the balloons bigger and stretch out the helium.

The rental tank is a bit insane. I like to empty them because the party store typically starts charging extra after 3 or 4 days. So, it is a flurry of activity. I will inflate big balloons, ranging from 16 inch to 36 inch, for a few days and then have helium balloons bouncing around for days. I have also played a bit with inflating non-round balloons (they don't float as long) or stuffing a balloon within a balloon.

All good fun and nice change from air filled balloons. Like others, I don't do this often. I've always been jealous of Looners who own their helium tank.
                I kind of started out like you. At first I bought the disposal helium tanks and I was quite excited that I was able to fill my own balloons with helium for the first time, but those tanks really didn't have a lot of helium in them to meet my needs as far as filling bigger balloons and you're right. For what it is , it's quite expensive. I did try renting a tank, but again like you there was a time limit for how long you can keep the tank. Of course i tried to get my moneys worth and use every bit of helium that i could. Finally just last year I decided to just break down and buy my own helium tank. It was a little expensive and I'm talking about $300 for a 120 cubic foot tank and that came with the helium. The tank is mine now and all i have to do is worry about the cost of helium. I bought this tank about a year ago and for as many balloons as I filled with helium since then, I still have at least 3/4 of a tank left. It was worth the the investment if you ask me. I don't inflate helium balloons everyday, but its always a nice feeling that when I want to, its always there.

Comment

• Heliumlooner
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by MichaelLoona
                  I kind of started out like you. At first I bought the disposal helium tanks and I was quite excited that I was able to fill my own balloons with helium for the first time, but those tanks really didn't have a lot of helium in them to meet my needs as far as filling bigger balloons and you're right. For what it is , it's quite expensive. I did try renting a tank, but again like you there was a time limit for how long you can keep the tank. Of course i tried to get my moneys worth and use every bit of helium that i could. Finally just last year I decided to just break down and buy my own helium tank. It was a little expensive and I'm talking about $300 for a 120 cubic foot tank and that came with the helium. The tank is mine now and all i have to do is worry about the cost of helium. I bought this tank about a year ago and for as many balloons as I filled with helium since then, I still have at least 3/4 of a tank left. It was worth the the investment if you ask me. I don't inflate helium balloons everyday, but its always a nice feeling that when I want to, its always there.

After reading this im probably going to pick up a helium tank that ive been looking at on craigslist, just imagine wanting a 12inch, and having the power to just inflate one right at the moment. would you happen to know how much it would cost to refill a decent sized helium tank.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                    • Jul 2017

I like helium balloons blown up tight enough to have some necks. I think they are prettier that way

Comment

• Guy360
                      • Jan 2018

I suggest doing some research first. I got lucky, I found a used 200 cubic ft helium tank on Craigslist for $50. I found out that certain gas companys own the bottle and if you don’t have a contract on paper they will not exchange the tank they will take it....My bottle was from Airgas. Airgas does not care, they exchanged it for a full tank (clean and up to date). I think it was $137. I suggest getting a Conwin 60/40 inflator.
                      Last edited by Guy360; 01-12-2018, 10:40.

Comment

• john1bl
                        • Jan 2014

One way to avoid overpaying for He is to get it from a wielding supply. Airgas,Linde and other will charge a person $100 more for the same tank and grade.

Comment

• LoudPop
                          • Sep 2018

I love the sounds...hearing a balloon inflated from a helium tank and the last few "swoosh, swoosh" of getting it very tight. Or hearing the drum like tings of a bunch of tightly inflated balloons on strings bunched together.

Comment

• JOhara
                            • Jul 2015

Helium balloons are my absolute favorite. Especially when they’re blown up right! Like these - wish I was near a party store that filled them like this!

Or this!

Just looking at them gets me all fired up lol

Comment

• Heliumlooner
                              • Feb 2017

Helium balloons, I love them not only are they super gorgeous to look at but they have something about them that sort of brings them to life almost, when they are filled with helium. For me that is what makes the emotional connection slightley stronger for me.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎