Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Rock
    • Mar 2017

Balloon pop by temperature

Is it possible for a balloon to pop because of a temperature change? I mean, if I'm taking a hot shower with it and suddenly I push it against a cold wall, am I risking it?
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Re: Balloon pop by temperature

Probably.

Comment

• blowhyoooge
      • May 2016

i haven't tried it but i can't see how. i suppose the heated air inside the balloon might effectively inflate it bigger and make it more prone to popping as you push against the wall, but other than that i can't see it making a difference.

there's only one way to find out. got earplugs?

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

It's more likely to pop if you inflate it quite full, then take it in to a warm bath/shower - the air will expand causing it to pop (I know from experience).
        Vicci x

Comment

• SRob
          • Aug 2015

Sounds like a fun experience

Comment

• Chris Rock
            • Mar 2017

I blow them under the shower, so I think the air temperature is at the same level with shower's. I've improvised some riding in the tub but since there's not too much space to move, I eventually have fun pushing it against the wall or sitting on it with my legs open (not with all my weight, just making some pressure with my ass) and doing some "manual" job. in both situations, the wall or the tub floor might not be as hot as the water, and since it's winter here, it might be cold. I'm not sure the pvc suffers the effects of hot vs cold like a bottle and it might leak, casuing an unwanted explosion.

Comment

• Kiltieman
              • Jan 2014

I agree with Vicci's theory. I tend to blow balloons up to the utmost limit and have found that if there is a rise in temperature either in the room or where the balloon is then there will be a bang. I have a habit of slipping one or two under the bedcovers and have had them burst on me during the night lol. A rude awakening.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎