Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sasp
    • Oct 2013

First earplugless blow to pop!!

I did my first blow to pop without earplugs today, in fact I did about a dozen of them! started off with some 10in balloons (popped in 6 breaths) to some 12in I had (which get HUGE and pop in about 16 breaths). I'd only ever managed to do them with earplugs in the past, but I may have used some illicit substances today to help with the anxiety

Anyone else graduate from non or semi popper to popper with the help of some drugs?
  • SRob
    • Aug 2015

Re: First earplugless blow to pop!!

Care to specify which illicit substances?

Comment

• sasp
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by SRob
      Care to specify which illicit substances?
      just a small amount of weed gives me a huge confidence boost while still keeping relatively clear headed

Comment

• Slugamano
        • Jul 2016

I tend to become a furious popper when I'm a bit tipsy... Balloons, paper bags, everything that can be blown up...

Comment

• Pink Balloon
          • Oct 2016

I've personally never used earplugs, then again I haven't really done anything too big.

Comment

• BigBoum
            • Jul 2016

I think this is not a good thing to not use ear protection.

I lost slowly my earing capacity. My job test me every 2 year and I can see the damage. I need to take more care now.

I am 48 year old. I am sure popping balloons is loud enough to damage. When your ear ring that mean you lost a bit of earing. And never go back.

I used accoustic filter now. I use Dubs accoustic earplugs ($35). The sound is just lowered down by 12 db which is just a little. Like turning down the volume. And the quality of the sound is a lot better than regular earplug who kill all the high frequencies like sqeeks. There is different filters on the market now. Etymotics too is great.

Comment

• blnppr
              • Jan 2016

When popping just a few balloons for cleaning up, I normally won't wear ear plugs, but if I'm doing sit popping or a huge pop fest, I will always use them. I'm in the same boat with BigBoum. I've already done some damage to my hearing and don't want to do more.

Comment

• 9/11 did Bush
                • Nov 2016

I don't think you should blow to pop without earplugs, especially on 16" and 24"s. Their pop, like others know, is next to deafening and my gf has already damaged her hearing from a couple of months of doing such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎