What's the largest inflatable you've ever blown up completely by mouth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeachBall
    • Apr 2012

What's the largest inflatable you've ever blown up completely by mouth?

I've not blown up anything really massive before, so the largest I've blown up entirely by mouth is either my 4ft inflatable Dalek or my 48" beach ball, whichever is largest, lol! How about you, have you blown up bigger?
    BeachBall
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: What's the largest inflatable you've ever blown up completely by mouth?

I was going to say one of the earlier Intex 48inch beach balls from the late 1980s. These had those impracticable size #1 valves on them with the safety flap inside.
    Took me an darn eternity to blow it up and much light headedness afterwards!

A close second would be one of their Ride on whales. I had a hand pump by then but I was still living at home, with my parents asleep in the next room. So in the early hours I had no choice but to inflate by mouth so not to wake or attract unwanted attention.

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

Whatever is biggest between a double inflatable sofa, 52" beach ball or a big rolling ring thing for the beach (Like this but a bit bigger, you could fit a small adult in it)

I'm like a human pump
      Vicci x

Comment

• Brallt
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Vicci
        I'm like a human pump
        Must be all the practice you get pushing hundreds of 'loons past their limits.

Myself, one of those mini-jumping-castle like pool toys. Not as impressive as it sounds, there isn't actually much inflatable to the things, since the toddler-scale structure is made mostly out of tubes.

Comment

• Vicci
          Blown to bits
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Brallt
          Must be all the practice you get pushing hundreds of 'loons past their limits.
          Vicci x

Comment

• kemokeo
            • Aug 2013

A 72 inch beachball . . or a x-mas tree bag

Comment

• Banzure
              Inflater of Dolls
              • Feb 2013

Many years ago, back when I was still in my mid-teens, I inflated a advertisement-flask for some brand of water or some such, must have been about 150cm tall, diameter of maybe 50cm. Well before I knew about my fetish too, used lie on top and press against it, it was quite the feeling, never really knew why I enjoyed it, now with age and experience, it does make sense.
              Bigger is good, but burst is better!

Comment

• Steve_inflator
                • Aug 2013

Biggest inflatable that I've blown up that's not a balloon was a 50-something inch or so beach ball which I bought from Clark Rubber once when I was about 17 or 18. I bought it with my lawn mowing money.

Comment

• Ash_738
                  • Jun 2013

Inflatable sofa... It was a few years back now but I guess it took about an hour or so. It was the cheap type they used to sell in Argos and I blew it up waayy too far and a seam split...

But hey I blow to pop'd an inflatable sofa!
                  Shut up and blow!

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                    PVC Fetish
                    • Jan 2013

Whatever is biggest between a double inflatable sofa, 52" beach ball or a big rolling ring thing for the beach (Like this but a bit bigger, you could fit a small adult in it)

I'm like a human pump
                    Hello Vicci!

May I ask you a question? Have you actually bought any of the double sofas (bubble couches) sold by Bluefade or Bubble Inflatables in the US? If you have, what was the PVC material like? Was it nice and soft?

I bought 1 red and 1 black bubble couch from them back in 2010. The PVC material was wonderfully soft, rubbery and ultra smooth. It possessed the typical aroma associated with new plasticised PVC. I decided to buy another bubble couch (a blue one) last year. I was quite disappointed when I discovered that the PVC material was somewhat different- I think that the manufacturers in China have changed the formula, for it was nowhere near as soft. Also, the material had a rather strong and unpleasant smell resembling that of paint thinner/white spirit- not the usual pleasant aroma that you would associate with new PVC.

I am quite frustrated by the EU phthalate plasticiser ban, as it has adversely affected the quality of PVC inflatables and PVC rainwear. Prior to 2005, most PVC inflatables were wonderfully soft to the touch, and rarely ruptured at the welded seams.

I wonder if an effective phthalate plasticiser substitute will be introduced? I really miss those soft and ultra-smooth glossy PVC inflatables prior to 2005!
                    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                      PVC Fetish
                      • Jan 2013

The biggest inflatable I've blown up by mouth is one of those 'Cupid's Love Pods', which is basically a giant red PVC gigaball marketed as an 'adults toy':

Discover the UK's leading online sex toy shop. Choose from the largest collection of adult toys for men, women and couples in the UK.

It took me the best part of a weekend to inflate! Even with an electric blower it takes an hour or so to inflate. The 'Love Pod' is so huge that 3 adults could fit inside quite easily.
                      Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• Vicci
                        Blown to bits
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                        May I ask you a question? Have you actually bought any of the double sofas (bubble couches) sold by Bluefade or Bubble Inflatables in the US? If you have, what was the PVC material like? Was it nice and soft?
                        Nope, all mine have been bought from the UK. Shipping from the US would be too expensive with them being quite heavy.
                        Vicci x

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                          PVC Fetish
                          • Jan 2013

I'm like a human pump
                          lol! Just out of curiosity: once you've inflated, for example, one of those 'rolling rings', or an inflatable sofa, what do you do with them? Do you use them indoors or outside? Do you pop them? I would imagine that these large pool inflatables cost at least a few £'s. I'm a non-popper myself; I just don't see the point of destroying an expensive pvc inflatable. But each to their own.

Comment

• Vicci
                            Blown to bits
                            • Oct 2009

I've still got them all. The sofa is currently in my home office and gets used on a regular basis. The ball and the rolling ring get used at the beach with friends, they get used for their intended purpose, deflated and put away
                            I get them out occasionally at home to check for leaks and clean them up.
                            Vicci x

Comment

• Balloonblower
                              • Oct 2013

I don't really do inflatables much but have a lovely memory of sharing the inflation of a giant beachball (60"?) with my girlfriend. We wanted it really full and tight and got rather carried away so that it popped when she was blowing it - powerful lungs, she had!
                              Blow 'em up to bursting point and don't stop blowing!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎