Old 11-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Leads on phthalate based PVC inflatables or ones that feel like they do
@riftwing, ooh ahh, kind of reluctant to sell these as they are a kind of here today gone tomorrow thing, but yeah, if you shoot me your details (through the private message thing on here), I'll check the post office for shipping and so forth. See what I can do?

Is the lilo in the shape of a thong? (flip flop). if so, can you post a pic, and where you bought it?

PS: I'll might dig up some of my old computer file DVDs today, that contain my Adobe Illustrator templates of the inflatable thong I wanna get made. Might post a REQ to Alibaba, and see what the costs are for getting 200 made. It will give us some idea.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:39 PM

Riftwing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Leads on phthalate based PVC inflatables or ones that feel like they do
@Big Thud Joe sure I will send you a pm!

Sadly the lilo is not in the shape of a thong, it's just a normal fairly cheap and cheerful lounger type thing.

Here's a couple of pictures anyway...

Pineapples!
you can also see my red shiny IW fox toy.
Showing how shiny it is
Old 18-06-2017, 12:34 AM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
@Riftwing, I've just sent you a PM,

For the benefit of everyone else, it seems these OzQuatic swim rings are still available from Target. I bought quite a few dozen of these at the end of 2015, and are definitely nice and soft and stretchy. They do have a high phthalate content in the plastic, but are just a tad (very little) bit thicker then the Driclads.

https://www.target.com.au/p/ozquatic...-ring/56127256
Old 22-06-2017, 10:07 PM

Riftwing is on a distinguished road
I have just recently received this dolphin toy from Inflatable World...

http://i.imgur.com/8DEKNhz.jpg

It doesn't look like anything special... Just an Intex dolphin right?

Wrong!

This is actually a toy made by a company called Sunshine. It is almost identical to the Intex dolphin, both in terms of the structure and the paint print, but it is made of a very thin, very soft almost rubbery feeling vinyl that I am sure is chock full of phthalates! The smell when I opened the package took me straight back to my childhood. Even when inflated tightly the toy still feels rubbery and almost like a balloon, and it will stretch a lot when you press your weight on it, plus it makes some really erotic high-pitched squeaking squirrking squealing noises. It is printed matte vinyl, and while normally I much prefer glossy toys, the lovely squeaky rubbery feel of this dolphin really does make up for the matte finish.

It came in a simple plastic package with a piece of glossy printed paper with some bare bones information on the toy, and nothing else. Like most inflatables, it appears to be made in China and is very likely a cheap knockoff of the Intex lifelike dolphin ride-on toy.

And these are indeed very cheap at less than a tenner each, plus postage!

Here's a picture of the packaging. Amusingly the packaging refers to it as a ride on whale, when it is quite clearly a dolphin! http://i.imgur.com/a12mzxS.jpg

When I took the toy out of the packaging, it was stuck together against itself, so I had to carefully peel the vinyl apart to get it flat before inflation, and even then a few of the panels were still stuck together and had to be teased a bit during inflation to let the air in. It consists of three chambers, a single one for the body, tail and dorsal fin, and one for each of the pectoral fins. This actually makes it quite stable for riding, and the dorsal fin is positioned such that you can easily sit in front or behind it for a good ride. It is soft enough that you could even sit directly on top of the dorsal fin without it being uncomfortable.

I will say that the build quality is not particularly awesome, with kinda flimsy feeling pinch welded seams basically everywhere. The paint quality isn't brilliant either, with a few fairly obvious blemishes where the toy has been folded or the sticky vinyl has been pressed together for a long period of time in storage, but nothing that really ruins the look of the toy. Also absent are the ever present garish warning labels, replaced with a "this toy is not a lifesaving device" notice printed in simple black text near the valve for the main air chamber.

These are available from Inflatable World currently. Oddly when I bought this one, the online order system told me that the toy was no longer in stock, but IW confirmed via email that it was still available. I get the feeling these are old stock that have been sitting around for a while, so if you want one, I can highly recommend picking one up before they are gone for real!

Last edited by Riftwing; 22-06-2017 at 10:11 PM.