Old 27-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Blowitbig is on a distinguished road
Default Other people blowing up balloons
I definitely get nervous if im near someone that's blowing up a balloon and it starts to get really big and tight and they won't stop blowing it up ,sometimes i just have to walk away, anyone else ever experience this.
Old 27-06-2018, 10:21 PM

b0f0s0f is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Other people blowing up balloons
I'm sure anyone phobic has experienced this. Growing up, anytime I saw balloons come into sight (especially uninflated ones) I would leave immediately. Now that I'm an adult such situations don't happen anymore, which is a shame since now I've gotten over my phobia enough that I could enjoy being around women playing with balloons
Old 27-06-2018, 11:39 PM

Inflate Able is on a distinguished road
I can relate as well. I still reflexively want to put my hands to my ears when a balloon is getting big.
Old 29-06-2018, 06:57 AM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
I can definitely enjoy it especially when girls/ladies do that. And, of course, I deserve the final pop...

I can also enjoy watching children playing with/popping balloons but that's an other story; It takes me back to my childhood when I tried to overcome my fear of balloons - (too) succesfully...
Old 29-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Blower at Looners Inc.

t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Slugamano View Post
I can also enjoy watching children playing with/popping balloons but that's an other story; It takes me back to my childhood when I tried to overcome my fear of balloons - (too) succesfully...
A lot of people say that it is very uncomfortable to be in that situation, and I can see why. While 99% of the population views balloons as objects for kids or decoration (rightfully so), we see them as objects of sexual desire first and foremost.

I've never had a problem with it. What I generally do (usually at birthday parties for my young cousins) is try to separate the two "sides" of what balloons can be used for (toy/decoration vs fetish object) and think of them only in "innocent" ways.

Hell, I'm so good with this stuff that I always get asked to help blow up or tie them!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 AM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
I get nervous although at the same time I love to see (especially ladies) blowing and get huge balloon.
I look for a "safety" place and I can enjoy the situation if I'm able, if I'm not I would to avoid and go away if too near, if I can't both, my anxiety wear out me and I just hope they end soon.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:13 PM

MetroBalloon is on a distinguished road
I like to watch kids play with balloons, too. Though I kind of hate young kids (they're a nightmare, I like to watch older boys like 10+ blow up balloons, play with them, and even burst them. Great fun I think, especially to watch them sit and bounce on a balloon and struggle to burst it.

Apart from that, it's middle-aged men playing with balloons that get me excited and happy in a sexual way.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Phobic non-popper

Bjorn is on a distinguished road
I getting nervous when someone else starts overinflating his or her balloon. Afraid of the possible bang. I also don't know if there is the intention to pop the balloon.

I'm also afraid when someone knots off an overinflated balloon. There is a substancial risk of popping.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:35 AM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
I used to hang out in party stores and watch the staff inflate balloons. You know they aren't going to deliberately pop the balloon, so it is a good place to develop "balloon watching courage". Even braver, order a half dozen balloons and stand nearby as they get inflated. Even braver that that, flirt with the person as they inflate the balloons (that is fighting two demons).

Having said that, there were times that I had to walk away. Sometimes, you would find someone who inflated balloons well into the neck.

These days I find that the bored staff at most chain party shops under inflate balloons (I'm looking at you Party City), and it isn't as interesting. Worse, 12 inch balloons seem to keep getting smaller.

Most of my balloon watching was at independent party stores, which are getting harder to find.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I can't normally be around anyone blowing-up balloons, as I worry they will pop. It's the lack of control over the situation that bugs me. However, if I could trust the person enough, I would definitely be much cooler with them doing the inflating.

BalloonBoyUK