Old 18-04-2018, 01:10 AM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balloons being popped by kids
Originally Posted by b0f0s0f View Post
Is your wife aware of your phobia? Just curious. I've never really been around anyone who was aware of my phobia so I usually just suppress it as best I can and assume they'll just notice that I'm being antsy for some reason but not enough to ask why. I feel like it could be comforting to be with someone who understands though.
Iíve been in a similar situation at a restaurant in which two balloons ended up popping, but I was grateful that my partner knew what was going on so she didnít have to ask. Still, not a fun situation overall. :/
Old 18-04-2018, 08:32 AM

Nopops4me is on a distinguished road
b0f0s0f, Wife is aware I had a phobia & trying very hard to get over it so when a situation like last week occurs she leaves me to fight it my own way. If she mentions anything about balloons she feels she is torturing me. She's proud that I am fighting the dislike of kids with balloons & not running away.
Old 19-04-2018, 03:01 AM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
Being partially phobic, I just leave. People and balloons have never been a good mix for me.
Old 22-04-2018, 02:04 PM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
Kids' balloons do not mean anything for me, it's a different world. Maybe it makes me a bit envy because in my childhood I was not allowed to pop my balloons. So I can enjoy the sight and lought on them.
Old 30-04-2018, 07:07 PM

Location: WEBSITE FOR WOMEN - BECAUSE NO MATTER WHERE I GO, IT SEEMS LIKE I AM TREATED LIKE A SHOOTING TARGET
Bounci is on a distinguished road
Of course, anyone should enjoy their balloons as they like. Just as I enjoy doing things my way with my loons, too. But for me it's pretty scary to have other people in control of any balloons around me, even more so kids! They always end up popping them. I avoid McDonalds' or events with balloons at times for that reason, or if I do want to go in I mentally prepare myself for the inevitable. It's still very uncomfortable but, live and let live. I'm happy for them that they're having fun.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:06 PM

MetroBalloon is on a distinguished road
I rarely get to see anyone interacting with balloons. There are two times I remember where in each case a guy was playing with them whilst working, one was doing this charity thing and another just a regular employee.

Don't think I've ever seen kids playing with balloons, except from that youtube channel mmmike.

I do think it's fun to see kids playing with balloons, even trying to burst them, though I don't actually like balloon bursting myself. But I've always found something about kids bursting balloons to be fun.

I'd rather not go near children, especially when it comes to balloons. I try to avoid it when it's present.
Old 18-05-2018, 06:49 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
I don't really mind that much. If they pop, the noise can startle me, but it's in a non-sexual context and doesn't have the same connotation as my own balloon play does.
Old 18-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Bubble Boy :-P

Same ^_^