Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John225
    • Jan 2018

Re: How tight do you make a beach ball?

So I've been testing more and it seems like when a 42 inch is the same size as a 48 inch would be when it still might have some wrinkles but otherwise is as full as it would be without being pressurized it's about right. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Capsaicin
      • Dec 2017

Personally I like my beach balls "as round as possible" so I blow them up pretty tight already. I already had a few that developed leaks but so far no beachball that I inflated tightly popped under me like a balloon.

Comment

• floatingeri
        • May 2018

If I'm feeling protective of the ball, which I often am, I leave a few creases. But sometimes I temporarily inflate it so that it stretches a teeny bit and there are no more creases, but that's when I feel worried that it'll easily get a puncture. Which can be exciting of course!

Comment

• heaviest
          • Jun 2018

It's pointless for someone my size to overinflate, and I consider it cheating to underinflate, so I inflate about as much as John Q Public might: just enough that it isn't wrinkled. Then I add my weight slowly so it stretches. When it seems to be holding all my weight I get a little rough with it, and if it survives that I add air and repeat. It usually doesn't survive that, but if it does, it gets air again and then it's time to inflate a new one to compare the size.

If my partner participates we have to take it slowly to get both of our weights on there. It's nearly impossible to balance that much bulk on a ball without a lot of the weight being on hands or feet on the floor, but we sometimes get a large portion of your combined weight on it before it deflates.

Comment

• René
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
            It's pointless for someone my size to overinflate, and I consider it cheating to underinflate, so I inflate about as much as John Q Public might: just enough that it isn't wrinkled. Then I add my weight slowly so it stretches. When it seems to be holding all my weight I get a little rough with it, and if it survives that I add air and repeat. It usually doesn't survive that, but if it does, it gets air again and then it's time to inflate a new one to compare the size.

If my partner participates we have to take it slowly to get both of our weights on there. It's nearly impossible to balance that much bulk on a ball without a lot of the weight being on hands or feet on the floor, but we sometimes get a large portion of your combined weight on it before it deflates.
            How much do you guys weight and what size and model of beachballs do you usually buy? Do you just make sit popping sessions or how do you play with them? Just curious

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by René
              How much do you guys weight and what size and model of beachballs do you usually buy? Do you just make sit popping sessions or how do you play with them? Just curious
              I weigh about 590. She weighs about 420. I like Intex 24 inch balls, but the 20 inch actually seem to hold more weight. The 36 are totally disappointing, but they're fun in the pool. I much prefer the non transparent ones. They're more stretchy, they hold more weight, and I like the look of the vinyl.

I'm more into it than she is, and I can actually get almost as much weight on the ball by myself as we can together. If I just sit on it with my legs straight out, that's pretty much a worst case scenario if you're a beach ball Together we just have too much weight on feet and hands, because it's way too much bulk to balance on a ball. But I still prefer getting on top of her, or her on top of me.

My favorite beach ball play is to have her sit on it, lay back, spread her legs, and then I lay on her, putting as much of my weight on her pelvis as she can take. A 20 inch ball is pretty hard to find under that LOL. Alternatively, I hump the ball and she sits on me or lays on me. I start with the ball mostly under my belly and a lot of weight on my knees, and then I slowly roll forward, adding more and more weight to the ball. I love the feel of it under me in this position, with that much weight on it. They always pop in this position, so this is probably the most weight we get on them.

By myself, about half the balls just pop when I sit on them with all my weight. Actually, most of them aren't even dramatic. More like a woosh and they're flat. That's a waste of a ball. But if they hold me, even for like ten seconds, holy crap. How is that even possible? That's what I like about beach balls. And if I get all my weight on them before they deflate, they're more likely to pop loudly.

They last longer if I hump them because my weight isn't all on the ball, but my partner says that's a holy crap kind of sight to see. I think she likes the incongruity as much as I do.

They almost always hold her weight. Until she bounces. That's really hot, too.

Comment

• SuTeKh
                • Sep 2018

I usually make them pretty tight. The more tight and full of air the better. They usually dont last but a few uses but i just repair the leak and back to it. I find if i dont inflate them nice and tight i dont get much excitement.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎