Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Rifco GL1200's vs Cattex GL1200's

I just ordered five crystal clear GL1200 Rifco balloons from Balloons United.
    They use to only sell Cattex GL1200's. I though that i would give them a try.
    Has any of you tried Rifco GL1200's and how are they compered to Cattex GL1200's?
  • BigBreathless
    • Jun 2017

Re: Rifco GL1200's vs Cattex GL1200's

They must be a recent addition to their shop. Tell us how they compare. I'd love side by side comparison pictures

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

That is so crazy scuba! I was just looking on the BALLOONS UNITED sight last night & only just noticed for the first time the they had both available! I almost placed an order but decided to wait for my next pay period so I can place a BIG order, hee,hee!

Now a long time ago I ordered some balloons from an Ebay store I believe was called loonerworld balloons. The GL-1200's I ordered were of Rifco. I can tell you imho I believe the Rifcos to be superior. A Rifco GL-1200 can reach ten feet on its first inflation. The latex used is stretchier & it has a stinkier smell that I just looooove! I have a couple of GL-900s I've been looning on for years & those big babeez shows no signs of popping! Please let me know if anyone agrees. I'm gonna order a bunch & see if they are of the same stuff

Comment

• scuba
        • Jan 2017

Good to hear Bubble
        I have notised that the thickness of the Cattex balloons can vary and I have tied that a couble of them popping due to small holes in the latex. I had one with holes in the neck that i first notised when i inflated it the first time

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

They're quite similar. The Rifco ones seems to have slightly thicker latex, and are also a bit less pliable/stretchy than the Cattex ones, although ultimately they feel almost the same when riding. Both are very durable, but I think the Rifco ones are slightly more so, although I haven't tested the claims of Rifco ones reaching 10 feet - however, I have had a higher failure rate with the Rifcos, but this is purely anecdotal. Ultimately they're pretty similar balloons.

Comment

....well I'll be honest with you Over....I kind of exaggerated
            The balloon reached about the height of my ceiling...which I think would make it about eight feet....which is most definitely achievable with a Cattex GL 1200 no doubt after a few inflations...but those Rifcos....they balloon up big right out of the box! Or maybe I just got lucky like you say...they are ultimately of identical specifications. I really wanna try the crystals! I'm dying to get my hands on some of those!

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
              ....well I'll be honest with you Over....I kind of exaggerated
              The balloon reached about the height of my ceiling...which I think would make it about eight feet....which is most definitely achievable with a Cattex GL 1200 no doubt after a few inflations...but those Rifcos....they balloon up big right out of the box! Or maybe I just got lucky like you say...they are ultimately of identical specifications. I really wanna try the crystals! I'm dying to get my hands on some of those!
              Ah, fair enough. I don't doubt that 10 feet is possible though, with some careful stretching and maybe baking - I've had a few GL700s go past 9 feet, although they tend to be a bit longer than GL1200s in my experience.

Comment

• Trickey1066
                • Jul 2017

if im rite the origanal rifco gl1200's went up to 280cm in length but were much weaker, ive never had to many issues with cattex they seem to know what us looners want

Comment

• scuba
                  • Jan 2017

Just got back from a floating tour starting with a Cattex GL1200 and finising with a rifco GL1200.
                  Whish one is the best to float on?
                  I must say that the rifco wins
                  It's much firmer and soft to sit on and it keeps its shape mush better.
                  I have only tried floating on the rifco ind the dark night, but it kept its nice rubber smell on the entire tour that lasted for one and a half hour drivning me crazy.
                  Even after i got home and inflated both balloons to dry them the rifco keeps its shape.

Comment

I just got my order in!
                    15 geo blossom assorted
                    15 geo donuts assorted
                    2 Rifco gl-900 jelly bean balloons, rose color
                    2 Rifco gl-900 jelly bean balloons in pink
                    3 white 55" hearts
                    Aaaaannnnnnddddd....10 clear gl-1200s!!!!
                    So glad I ordered 10. Its gonna be a great summer!

Comment

• Micks101
                      • Jan 2017

I've only ever owned Cattex GLs so can't really compare apart from saying the Cattex GLs are amazing!!!

Comment

• scuba
                        • Jan 2017

Well Bubble.
                        With ten clear GL1200 balloons you will sertantly be able to go floating all summer :

Comment

Hee,hee!
                          I've already started scouting out secluded areas at my local lake!
                          I've found so many awesome spots to go lake ballooning!
                          My only problem is that all my electric pumps require an A/C plug & I don't have an adapter for my car. Looks like I will have to pick up a battery powered balloon pump.
                          Any recommendations scub' ?

Comment

• scuba
                            • Jan 2017

I use a huricane x battery povered pump. It's rechargeble, you just plug it in your light socked after use.
                            I don't know if you can get that particula pump in the states, but I am sure that you can find something simalar
                            I bought mine in a lokal bed suply store.
                            But look in camping suply stores or maby Walmart. Look for a battery povered pump.

Comment

Awesome!
                              Thanks for the info, scub'
                              I'll do just that

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘