Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thevinylrider
    • Apr 2016

How did it start 4 U?

4 My inflatable craze--I blame my aunt and a giant orca.
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: How did it start 4 U?

Why oh why cant this happen to me! I love that story when your aunt walked in on you! That was so cute how she got you the inflatable dolphin as a stocking stuffer!

Comment

• loonerdude44
      Inflatable Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

(Old post I know) For me it just started off with balloons, but eventually I weighed up the pros and cons of latex vs vinyl and I thought that inflatable pool toys would have been a much better choice - and I was right! I recently bought a Bestway Orca which I have affectionately named Layla. More expensive, sure, but much longer lasting, and much more fun to cuddle and sleep with. Oh, how I love my Layla.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Balloons can be plenty long lasting - I still have a GL500 from 2013 that's in good shape, if significantly softer than it was originally.

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

I think it all started for me when my parents started taking me to the local pool on a Sunday morning to learn to swim. I’ve fond memories of these orange arm bands and a six colour swimring- especially the loud squeaking sounds they made whilst being worn once wet in the water.
          At that point a seed in my mind was sown

Comment

• loonerdude44
            Inflatable Enthusiast
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by OverTheTop
            Balloons can be plenty long lasting - I still have a GL500 from 2013 that's in good shape, if significantly softer than it was originally.
            Larger ones last longer as it takes them longer to fully oxidize. Smaller ones don't quite last as long. I've heard of balloons lasting months, usually pool toys and other vinyl inflatables last decades if properly taken care of.

Comment

• Detalfni
              • Nov 2017

Had this inflatable fetish as long as i can remember. I must have been. Exposed to them pretty early, but the earliest memory I have of being fascinated by inflatable objects occurred when I was 4 years old. I was watching the Benny hill show and seeing a skit where Benny plops down into an inflatable chair. As he does, you hear a pop and he begins to slowly sink with an exaggerated hiss/squeal of air leaking in the background. I recall being fascinated by the shape, shine and soft look of the chair. I hated watching it deflate and I distinctly remember asking my dad if we could get one. Haa. Loved every interaction I had with toys after that and hopefully always will!

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                • May 2017

My parents used to own a food catering business in the 1970s. One day I had to take the garbage out as a kid, then line the bins with new liners. By myself at the back of my father's business, I pulled out the new bags, and as I waved one around for stretching it, I saw how they could be inflated. With no one around, I went ahead and blew one up as hard and stiff as I could. From memory the bag was slightly larger then a full kitchen oven/stove and mirror shiny. Upon tying the knot I instantly had an erection, clawed my fingers into the nice stretch smooth plastic and woah, that was my entrance into pubity at 11 innocent years old; and my fetish for inflatables.

Comment

I really like that story, Big Thud Joe...I can relate....
                  There actually was a point in my life between the ages of 11 & 13 when I was big on bin liners... during that time period I absolutely had no balloons & all my numerous inflatables were popped because I was always too rough & they were constantly over inflated... I used to grab big garbage bags left & right whenever I had the chance,bring them home, inflate & knot them in my room & go to town...(thankfully my room had a locking door) I remember my Dad worked at a Dealership when we lived down south & I went with him one night. Something to do with the maintenance crew if i remember correctly...we were in the utility room & i remember seeing the giant box filled with rolls of 65 gallon capacity garbage liners... I totally grabbed a roll & told my Dad i needed them because i was going to clean out my room....he said whatever...
                  They were light blue....
                  The roll contained 10 i believe....
                  They were very shiny and stretchy...
                  I would come home after school, run off the bus & rush into my room as i used to have a 2 hour window before my folks came home from work & my sis came home form school...
                  I have very fond memories of looning on those big bags...
                  I loved to sit & straddle them & just watch a movie sitting on a tightly inflated liner. I became an expert at knoting them so the knot wouldn't slip back thru...they were massive...
                  I loved how the plastic would crack & bubble out when it stretched past it's limits... the air would scream out at a really high pitch when a hole would blow...I remember that specifically... I went through them fast...& they were hard to get rid of without anyone asking questions...but whenever I had no balloons or inflatables to loon with i turned to big bags & i did quite a lot of discovering myself on them during that time.... I have to admit those older, shiny, stretchy bags were something special...
                  Sorry for the long post...

Comment

• scuba
                    • Jan 2017

I discovered my interest of inflatable items and balloons already when I was four and was playing on the swing in the kindergarten. One of the swings was an inflatable red "strawberry" buoy that was feeling really nice between my legs when I was swinging on it.
                    Later I discovered that I really liked floating on my sisters inflatable dolphin and I often spent my savings on inflatable pool animals.
                    It was only when I was a teenager that I found out that I really liked balloons. My first purchase was a bag of 3 giant balloons I bought in the local grocery store. I can't remember the brand or exact size of them, but they must have been about 24".
                    When I got home I blew one of them up under me on my bed and I have was instantly hooked. I loved how the balloon's rubbery skin felt on my skin.
                    As I got older I started fantasizing of how it would feel to wear clothes made of the rubber material that the balloon's where made of and my first experience wearing rubber was actually wearing a balloon as trunks with two holes cut out for my legs. It was only much later when I was an adult that I discovered latex clothes.

Comment

• ChillinHaze
                      • Sep 2016

I got into Inflatables after I caught my girlfriend kinda in the act and she opened up to me about it (we were just friends at that time but I already had quite the crush on her). I got curious about it and did a bit of "research" after which I bought an Intex Orca and tried it out for myself. I actually kept it hidden from her that I got hooked on inflatables because of her xD
                      But she would always talk to me if she had troubles related to the fetish. When we became a couple I also confessed to her that I'm into inflatables.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                        Sorry for the long post...

No; don't apologise, that was a great story. The interesting thing is I can see how your father went somewhat weird, because to us those bags are heaven, whilst to him, they're nothing more then trash liners. Not saying all non-looners, but to many; they would never be able to fathom why we would derive such pleasures from such things.

Comment

Exactly!!!

Comment

• vuur2
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                            I became an expert at knoting them so the knot wouldn't slip back thru...
                            Sorry for all these questions, Bubble Boy... (I just noticed I'm asking a question to you again)

The knotting is a problem I've had for as long as I use garbage bags
                            I leave 2 inches of spare bag after the knot, so it can untie a bit but won't pop open, and I knot them as tight as I can... but still, long before I have even half my weight on it, the knot unties and PWOOF! the bag is flat
                            I've tried balloon clips and all sorts of other things, but nothing seems to work.

How do you manage to knot garbage bags without the knot slowly untying?

(I'll do a post on how it started for me sometime soon)

Comment

Please forgive the crudeness of my drawing!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎