Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattoLooner
    • Feb 2015

Help on necking balloons

I have a huge problem on getting necks on Qualatex 24 inch balloons, I'm able to inflate them pretty tight and no matter how much I squeeze it, still can't get a nice long neck. I tried even stretching and pre-inflating the neck, had the same result, a light bulb shaped balloon and not the pear shape with the long neck i want.

Anyone has some suggestion on how i can make it come out without popping the balloon?
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Re: Help on necking balloons

Spend a long time stretching just the neck. I've never had a qualatex before, but that's how I do it with every other balloon. A lot of stretching the neck.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

For me the neck has always come out on its own on the Q24s before they were full. But I bought mine 4 years ago, so I guess they can have changed in that time. I've also seen people complain about the quality of Qualatex balloons recently.

Anyway, what I do if I want to neck a balloon is ti inflate it at least halfway and sit in it gently while pulling the neck until air is pushed into it. Then I inflate it some more and repeat the process. After doing this a couple of times the neck usually fills up easily. It works better on some balloons than others though, and accidents might happen :P It's difficult to make the neck stay inflated without overinflating the balloon though.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Hmm, I have some Q24's I got around X-mas and they neck extremely well... Maybe they dropped the quality?

Comment

• gayloonfcker
          • Jan 2015

I get mine from kaboom when they're actually in stock. They ALWAYS have HUGE necks on them! I hope the quality didn't drop as I haven't gotten any in a couple weeks.

Comment

• MattoLooner
            • Feb 2015

I bought mines a few weeks ago from a local store, i had similar problems before but inflating it halfway and sitting gently on it always worked, with those new batch nothing seems to work. As soon as i get the chance to blow some will share a picture to show what i get. I already popped 2 of them attemping to get the neck out.

Comment

• gayloonfcker
              • Jan 2015

Hmmm must be the store then. As I said I've never had trouble with kaboom balloons.

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

That sounds like a bad batch to me.

Comment

• MattoLooner
                  • Feb 2015

Digging in my photos I've found some that are very similar to the problem that i have now, so, these pics are about one year old and that balloon is now popped but i remember that i had a lot of problem getting the neck out, and since i wasn't able I inflated it more and then tied as in the pictures.

Pic 1
                  Pic 2
                  Pic 3

I'm also thinking about a bad batch, the TufTex that i get from that store have always been good, guess that i have to wait a new batch or pick some online.

Comment

• Rubberfunn
                    • Oct 2015

Also got my Q24s from KBI recently and they neck out really big just by overinflating , no squeezing or anything.
                    I buy the crystal ones as they do seem to inflate bigger , neck out fully and get really tight before they go bang.

Rubberfunn

Comment

• OverTheTop
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by hopkx001
                      First ever try.
                      That's a good start of a neck - it's hard to see in the photo, but depending on how you closed off the neck you should be able to get a longer neck.

Comment

• BigBang123
                        • Aug 2015

Has anyone had one of these? If yes, what are they like and how easy are they to get a neck?

Attached Files
                        Last edited by BigBang123; 20-11-2015, 12:58.

Comment

• Meililoon
                          aka lyckr
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by BigBang123
                          Has anyone had one of these? If yes, what are they like and how easy are they to get a neck?

http://www.topballon.de/epages/61418.../TB32-LONGNECK
                          I've only tried one of the 20" RCR balloons. They're also made specifically for necking and I thinkk the neck actually inflated before the bulb the first time I inflated mine. You actually end up with a neck on the neck if you overinflate them I think, as the part of the neck that is supposed to be inflated is thinner than the bit at the end where you're supposed to have the knot/clip.

Comment

• BigBang123
                            • Aug 2015

I know it's not strictly necking but does anyone know how to inflate a cattex duck (it's already been inflated fully) because whenever I try the air from the beak deflated into the head or body. Any help?

Comment

• Jkloon
                              • Aug 2013

Has anybody had success necking a Q36"? Every time I try I get a little neck then it pops

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎