How can I seal balloons without tying them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masseylooner1
    • Feb 2017

How can I seal balloons without tying them?

I’ve just received an order of 24” and 3ft balloons but I don’t like typing balloons this big as in my experience it damages and rips the mouth of the balloon, I can’t buy balloon clips online as I dong edit my Mum finding them so is there an other way to seal them? Could I use something that acts like a balloon clip, thank you for your help
  • Micks101
    • Jan 2017

Re: How can I seal balloons without tying them?

I have used bulldog clips to seal the end of the nozzle off before, they work well

Comment

• srob2
      • Dec 2017

I've used coins, a US quarter will seal a 16" and a US nickle will work on most smaller balloons. You might need need a big coin for a 3ft balloon.

A fully inflated 3ft balloon might be harder to hide than a clip.

Comment

• Danishlooner
        • Jan 2018

You Can use rubber bands?

Comment

• scuba
          • Jan 2017

Use a clip. Most balloon companies sell them and some for example balloons balloons united will send some with your order when you buy their bigger balloons.

Comment

• loonerdude44
            Inflatable Enthusiast
            • Oct 2017

Just tie a knot normally, but only pull the neck through halfway. It works for me!

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

I find 'half knots' work well for me. Clips similar to balloon clips are sold in hardware stores such as Robert Dyas's in UK.

Comment

• Slugamano
                • Jul 2016

I use half knots, it's a perfect solution for the short life of my balloons...

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
                  • Jan 2017

I use rubberbands. Keep twisting and looping it until it's tight, normally about 5 or 6 times.

I prefer it over a clip because of the sharper edges on the clip. Plus, more air can flow freely into the neck.

Comment

• Jubloon
                    • Feb 2018

I've tried about everything over the years, half knots, balloon clips, rubber bands, paper clips but Ikea bag sealing clips are the ticket.

Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Browse online and in-store today!

Cheap, readily available online, seal completely, open easily when you want them to but don't when you don't, can be reused about 100 times each, don't damage balloons, small size works well for <24" balloons, large ones work well for 24"+

Plus they are common household items so discreet if they "get away".

Comment

• t17forLife
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by Jubloon
                      I've tried about everything over the years, half knots, balloon clips, rubber bands, paper clips but Ikea bag sealing clips are the ticket.

Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Browse online and in-store today!

Cheap, readily available online, seal completely, open easily when you want them to but don't when you don't, can be reused about 100 times each, don't damage balloons, small size works well for <24" balloons, large ones work well for 24"+

Plus they are common household items so discreet if they "get away".
                      I might need to try those sometime. They look exactly like the clips that shops such as Nordic Looners and Balloons United sell.

Comment

• Masseylooner1
                        • Feb 2017

Thank you so much for all of your ideas, I do like the half knot with with 24” and up the knot years the mouth piece and ruins it, I have found a quick easy method with an elective band which seals it off easily but I will find an ikea near me and buy those clips as they sounds awesome haha thank you for all of your help

Comment

• Danniballoon
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Masseylooner1
                          I’ve just received an order of 24” and 3ft balloons but I don’t like typing balloons this big as in my experience it damages and rips the mouth of the balloon, I can’t buy balloon clips online as I dong edit my Mum finding them so is there an other way to seal them? Could I use something that acts like a balloon clip, thank you for your help
                          I've got loads of clips of various types. Maybe I could get some to you, somehow, as you live near me :-)

Comment

• loondexter
                            • May 2018

I've found that amazon is an excellent source for finding balloon clips. They usually sell bags of 100 qualatex balloon clips for under $5

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

This thread is a bit old, but I figured I'd post anyways.

My go-to clips are Twixit clips, which are available on Amazon for reasonable prices. They come in a variety of sizes which cover everything from 12" to GL1200s, and are easy to open and close, and quite durable. You might also be able to find them at a local supermarket if online shopping isn't an option.

IKEA clips are pretty good as well, but in recent years the quality seems to have dropped. They seem to break more easily and take more effort to open/close, but they're still alright.

If neither of those work, you can use office supplies. Rubber bands or other elastics work, as do large binder clips, but you (typically) need to twist the neck of the balloon shut for these, which can cause it to start sticking to itself over time.

Finally, if you don't have any other options, half-knots work, but also require twisting and you have to take care not to accidentally let the knot slip through and tie the balloon shut.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎