Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Anyone get caught ordering loons online

So has anybody been caught buying balloons online by other house members? if so what was your excuse. I ask because I am going to be ordering some balloons (my dream loons frozen ones lol) and want to hear about your experiences with ordering online. One more question has anybody got experience ordering balloons of Amazon it's my only option at the moment and wondered if they were any good for ordering loons?
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Anyone get caught ordering loons online

No because I hardly ever use a PC or laptop for buying things these days. I use either my phone or tablet for everything online now. My last big order for balloons I made whilst on a busy bus lol!

Comment

• Dude1234
      • Sep 2017

Craggy2012 man you must have some balls to order them on a bus I get really paranoid about people seeing on what's my screen it actually makes me change my phone wallpaper everyday From a generic one to a more personal one. One more blow thanks for telling me that I will make sure I buy fulfilled by Amazon and did the delivery driver know what it was I hope the dont know lol

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

Definitely make sure it’s from Amazon or “Fulfilled by Amazon” if you want to be discreet.

Some stuff I’ve bought and enjoyed from Amazon:

• Qualatex 16”, 36”
        • Tuf-Tex 17” (also appears as Maple City Rubber)
        • BSA 17” (also appears as Pioneer National Latex)
        • Various 36” Chinese made balloons (Note: you’ll find both round and bulb-shaped loons. If you get some that are good quality, they’re surprisingly resilient).

There’s more, such as Tuf-Tex 24”, but quality is not really a guarantee, and they often come from sellers whose names quickly betray the contents of the package.

Comment

• Dude1234
          • Sep 2017

Blueyoshi will do don't want the mail man saying are you having a Frozen party I'm not in the normal Frozen demographic �� Out of the loons you listed which one in your opinion is the best value for money I want to try bigger loons but they tend to be pricy and they aren't stealthy so if I buy some they have to be good.

Comment

• marja

The first time I ordered online I had just moved into a new studenthouse. I hadn't told any of my housemates about my special interest in balloons and I still did want to hide it at that moment.
            So at a certain saturday morning I woke up at 6.45 am. I thought I heard the doorbell, but that would be strange. But when I looked at the track n trace I noticed I missed the delivery guy. Why was he so early?
            So I asked my housemates to receive my package if it was delivered at a moment I was not at home. (The advantage of a student home when you need to receive a package is that there is always someone home. The disadvantage is that if you have a noisy hobby (popping balloons) also someone is at home, always.)
            But when the mailman came, my roommates didn't get the package because I had to pay import tax (little did I know). I bought (living in the EU) from the States and this means that it can be taxed, that's also why my package took so long to arrive. My housemates didn't want to pay the tax for me, so he had to come again.
            Finally I made sure enough cash was available, so that my housemates could pay the taxes for me (luckely they asked and noted how much it was). One of them also received it for me. Yes it was shipped discretely (KBI), but, the tax office had opened the invoice letter and placed it back inside out. So the invoice letter showed the contents to anyone looking at the package...
            Didn't take too long before everyone knew that I bought balloons from the USA...

So, when you want to hide buying balloons from housemates, make sure to buy from the USA if you live there and buy from the EU if you live in Europe. No invoice letter can safe a lot of explaining.

Comment

• Dude1234
              • Sep 2017

Good point on the day I order I will probably wake up at 6:00AM gmt to make sure I get to the parcel before somebody else did your house mates freak out or anything

Comment

• marja

My balloons had be at customs for over 2 weeks (why does it take so long?). I didn't have a clue it was cleared yet and on its way to me.
                Why would they freak out when they discovered I bought balloons from the USA? Off course it did raise their curiosity. What kind of balloons did I buy where so special that I needed to order them from the USA and pay so much money for? And why did I buy such an amount of balloons?
                It gave me two options: lie and make up a story or tell the truth. I choose the easy option, just tell the truth.

Comment

• Dude1234
                  • Sep 2017

Dude that takes guts can I just ask if the balloons arrived with packaging covering the original packet from the factory so that you can't see it's loons

Comment

• craggy2012
                    • Jan 2012

I’ve bought Inflatable suits before now where the seller took great lengths to indicate on the address label what was inside the parcel for the postie to read when delivering it!

Comment

• Dude1234
                      • Sep 2017

Ok I have just orderd my first pack unfortunately I have to wait a week for them but I'm so hyped can I ask how good are inflatable suits they sound great

Comment

• craggy2012
                        • Jan 2012

Congrats on your first order Dude! Next thing you'll just be placing orders just like for anything else

As for the suits I've got..... Yeah they're okay and very well made. Whoever designed them knew their stuff with PVC as they're all reinforced in the right places making them very durable and tough. Oddly though they're like a straight jacket once inflated fully. If you fall over or roll in one they're awkward to get yourself back up on your feet again. Wearing one inflated is like your unable to bend your knees or elbows whilst inside it.

Comment

• Dude1234
                          • Sep 2017

Thanks i just have to be patient now but thanks to college i don't have a lot of patience i guess you could say inflatable suits is for looner mental hospitals lol I wanna get one when I have the funds for it should I post an update on this thread when the package arrives its a big thing for me because I'm gonna have to make up an excuse for a day of and get up early for it I feel like I'm making it a big deal when it's not but I have to be careful and get to the package before anybody else I bet anybody reading this must think I'm super paranoid
                          I can only hope i don't worry myself to death

Comment

• marja

All balloons I ordered (at all shops) arrived in a neutral brown package.
                            The only time I was a bit shocked was when a (regular party) shop from the Netherlands (where I live) stated the contents of my order as payment description!

Comment

• Dude1234
                              • Sep 2017

Marja that's good to know if it comes with something covering the packet it's fine then I only have to worry about labels I'm hoping my order comes through the mail box so any payment details should be inside

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎