Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramirez
    • Aug 2015

Re: Ear Plugs

At the moment I use my expensive gaming headset when I plan on popping. Probably not quite as quite as good as ear plugs but hey at least I can watch youtube or whatever.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

I wear headphones in addition to ear plugs. My current headphones don't block much noise, so earplugs are still needed. Have anyone tried popping balloons while wearing noise cancelling headphones?

Comment

• Ramirez
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by lyckr
        I wear headphones in addition to ear plugs. My current headphones don't block much noise, so earplugs are still needed. Have anyone tried popping balloons while wearing noise cancelling headphones?
        My headset cancels out some sound and it works just fine for my needs.

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
          • Feb 2016

I wonder what's the most and least effective suppression for the bang: earplugs, in-ear earphones with loud music such as heavy metal or industrial hearing protection ear muffs (like these). Have you tried to compare these solutions?

Comment

• blnppr
            • Jan 2016

I normally wear them. I've probably done damage to my hearing when I sit pop them, so I decided a few years ago to start wearing them.

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
              POP-O-RAMA!
              • Feb 2016

I always wear foam earplugs. It is a good idea to wear them especially since the wife and I are in a closed room together. I will wear them even if I do not intend to pop any. Just a sort of "security blanket" I suppose. Take care of your hearing folks!
              Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 12-03-2016, 19:59.

Comment

• Svalan
                • Mar 2016

I have started to use them recently. Don't really like it because I want to hear the full boom. But need to protect my ears I realize. But I use a type that let through most part of the noise.

Comment

• Looner Nisden
                  • Mar 2016

I've pumped to popped some Q24's a few times, and every single time one pops, I would always be concerned about police knocking on my door telling me my neighbours thought they heard a gunshot. And really, they pop LOUD!

Had my room filled with Q16's and Q24's a few days ago. That was actually the first time ever that I used earplugs. And lucky I am I did... Three fully pumped Q24's popped very suddenly.

Comment

• Loonatic
                    Balloons + Feet
                    • Apr 2016

I am a bit scared of the loud bang from the balloons popping but still love hearing them pop (if that makes sense) so I have used electronic earmuffs I own for hunting that actually enhances normal sounds but cuts off at anything over a certain decibel so that way you can still hear the pop and sounds of the balloon without the sharp pain and damage from the sound. I don't own any, but I know they make some sort of electronic ear plugs that basically do the same thing.

Comment

• BigBoum
                      • Jul 2016

Yes. If your ear ring after a loud noise that mean you damaged your audition.
                      And never go back !.

If you enjoy the boom sound... like me. Buy specialized earplugs for musicien. The sound is just lower down without killing hight frequencies. You can pop balloons and having more fun like this.

I buy Etymotiv plugs for $12 on amazon. Protect your audition and have fun !

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎