Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Imoverthere
    • Aug 2011

Your Favorite Balloons

Perhaps the first thread in this section, I want to know what your favorite balloons would be. Brand, size, and color if you can be specific enough! For me I love any kind of huge balloon, I'm not very picky!
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: Your Favorite Balloons

Hi There!
    My favourites have to be belbal 17" in teal - they get really really big and a huge neck if you stretch them a few times, and take quite a beating before they pop
    Vicci x

Comment

• cgrocarlos
      • Oct 2011

Hi!

I'm a huge fan of Belbal. Personally i like the 14 inch, they get an amazing neck and can be pushed really far before popping

Also believe it or not, the really cheap, neon Walmart balloons are amazing! They're made with this strange, unique kind of latex that can be stretched amazingly easy and get HUGE! Blowing them up a few times can give them a ridiculously huge neck. I think those might be my favorite because they're cheap, get really huge, pop nicely, and have a really cool neon, transparent color when fully inflated. If yall are from the US I HIGHLY recommend you give them a shot.

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

I'm in the UK - those Walmart balloons sound fun. Any idea where I might get some over here?

Maybe I'll try Ebay...
        Vicci x

Comment

• cgrocarlos
          • Oct 2011

Hmm, Ebay might possibly work, i've never actually searched for them on there. I would send you some but I've never actually sent anything overseas before. I wouldn't know what to do or how much it would cost

Comment

• daftp
            • May 2012

24" - 3' round are my favorites. I like playing with larger balloons, but they are usually too soft for riding.

Comment

• xxSmiley
              • Jul 2012

I don't know about you guys but..
              I love the EXTRA LARGE ones! I have a 3 foot balloon that I love to ride on while being completely naked =) who's with me?

Comment

• balloon lover 23
                • Feb 2014

For me any printed balloons sizes 12 to 16 and color doesn't matter

Comment

• Jkloon
                  • Aug 2013

I loooove huge balloons. The bigger the better. I love being able to sink into them, and squeeze them against me while I ride them. I get my full weight on it and push myself into it until I "pop" (if you get what I mean) my favorites are big 4 foot ones from Dollarama. If you're in Canada or the U.S. check them out. Not sure if they have Dollarama in the U.K.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Jkloon
                    I loooove huge balloons. The bigger the better. I love being able to sink into them, and squeeze them against me while I ride them. I get my full weight on it and push myself into it until I "pop" (if you get what I mean) my favorites are big 4 foot ones from Dollarama. If you're in Canada or the U.S. check them out. Not sure if they have Dollarama in the U.K.
                    Same here - the GL series are my favorites, although I do have a couple 36" balloons from a local store.

Comment

• RasaDaana
                      • Feb 2014

All about the SA24 and the GL series. But Im wanting to experiment more with Tilly workers, all of these have made for quite the artwork.

Comment

• john1bl
                        • Jan 2014

How Often do your tastes change? Right now I have been into Mexican airships, but like Mexican 20 inch and Cattex 20 inch and G L 500 also. I shifted from to Mexico and will probably change back in the future.

Comment

• RasaDaana
                          • Feb 2014

I think others do this too, but at least in my art, I use a mix of big and small because there is a unanticipated contract between big and small contour and motif. We will often use small balloons on our popping shoots and big balloons as furniture in the office. There's a use for every size. Personally I have never liked anything smaller than 16" or bigger than a 36" round or a gl1200.

Figurines are our current interest. That, I would say is dependant upon the day however.

Comment

• alexisrain
                            • Jun 2014

Zeppelin

Comment

• RasaDaana
                              • Feb 2014

I have to say that I am a fan of Unique 16"s because they get stretched out so easily and you can blow them up a lot bigger than 16", the colours are also really consistent.

SA24's are excellent furniture pieces because they are so stretchy, but can get up to 40"s
                              GL700 and 1200s are also great to have. Expensive but good. I have three in my office as chair in my waiting area, and use a 48" qua latex as an office chair. cool huh?

Another cool make is a Suzuki Peacock 18", the colours are just unmatched

Tilly workers are great for putting lights in, but its dangerous.

But Unique 29"s have to be the favourite because they are more accessible than SA24s, are VERY soft and stretchy but durable, have very few holes, and can pop cleanly (good for stuffing).

All of these are fun to pop. Very fun to pop, actually. I have to say popping any of these is enjoyable because you can actually, generally, predict the blast patterns, and it gets very, very loud.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎